Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Let's see where do I start.... New boat, New blower, Injection, Polishing lots of polishing. Hope to get the trailer redone too.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
I'll be ready for 2010.;)

·
79 sanger super jet
343 Posts
if anybody need some work let me know. the jet motor is getting redone bigger and better updating the valve covers blower belts and pulllys and alot more polished parts. fully polished pump and whatever else it need.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
I pulled the engine out and have it on a stand I made that will bolt right to the dyno frame. All the electronics and fuel system are on it too. I made a cart that goes under it and there are fork slots in the bottom too.
It will go on the dyno at More Power in Sparta in another week or so.

I think I'm going to sand and flow coat the floor in the boat.
I did some small areas before with West system epoxy and it dried real shiny and smooth.
Any negatives to putting epoxy over fiberglass ?

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am just going to work on the lower unit some put a new water pump in and then i hope to try and dial in my rig more next summer.

·
Hydro Pilot
1,312 Posts
2010 hydro plans

Hmmmmm....lets see.

1. pull out of barn in spring 2010
2. wash
3. wax
4. fuel it up
5. go boating :D :)hand

·
Canoe Jockey
1,130 Posts
I'll be ready to play in 2010....hydro will be done and i just bought another sanger! I just have to get it home:)

·
oldsmopile equipped
702 Posts
plans

put the white boat together! I got the top coat of imron on the boat, now I just have to wet sand, polish and wax. then put every thing together"the fun part" I WILL be ready in the spring of 10!!! look out for the big heavy slow boat:D

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Might be getting the Spectra back from the paint shop next week, bought a blown 871 496 from HES, took it apart made some changes, just bought a nice Doolie 14 qt pan for it, been playing way to much golf lately, I actually only play in the spring and fall. Sold the Sanger less eng. bought a 20 Schiada v-drive v bottom for the 468 blower motor, still in Cali. The boat should be here next week. Been buying odds and ends for both boats for the last 2 mos. The plan is to get them both running when the snow flies without a lot of bling and keep the one I like the best and sell one turn key. I have all the interior also being done right now for the Spectra, so I'm leaning toward keeping the Spectra if it performs well and drives like I'm hoping it will. That is where I'm concentrating all my financial resources. The Schiada will be a good running project boat that somebody can make their own. The 468 ran soooooo good the last 2 seasons, I just HAD to find a new home for it. I will be pulling the pan and checking it out before I install it in the Schiada, if it needs anything it will be replaced, however I don't anticipate any problems.................. I need to change the pic in my avatar.................. The Violater no longer exhists..................... It was a great running set up, but was running in the DANGER zone and I coulden't stay out of it. With the set up I had it was an accident waiting to happen...................... It has been retired back to a nice ski boat and it went to a good home !!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I will quit playing golf every night and get busy and snap some photos in the next week or two !!!!!!!!!!:)hand Also, my daughter graduated from Law School this spring, took the B.A.R. exam in August and should be getting the results back this week or next !!!!! Never a Dull Moment around here !!!!!! Blink your eyes twice and another 5 years pass instantly !!!!!!!

·
oldsmopile equipped
702 Posts
violater

well I will mis the violater, I really liked that boat. but sounds like you have good plans for the future;)

after all your work is done on the v drives and your looking for something to do you could always buy a jet to play with.:)hand

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I pulled the engine out and have it on a stand I made that will bolt right to the dyno frame. All the electronics and fuel system are on it too. I made a cart that goes under it and there are fork slots in the bottom too.
It will go on the dyno at More Power in Sparta in another week or so.

I think I'm going to sand and flow coat the floor in the boat.
I did some small areas before with West system epoxy and it dried real shiny and smooth.
Any negatives to putting epoxy over fiberglass ?
Works great, just have to rough the bottom up, I used 220 on the Spectra, came out nice we sprayed a ditzler epoxy product on it. No oil or grease film goes without saying. Hard to get all the oil residue out of every little crack, we spent a whole day air blowing and just cleaning after the inside was gutted. Be interesting to see what your motor puts out at what rpm's on the dyno. Definately was not lacking in the HP department. Your readings will give us 'little guys' some perspective !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yea, get the snowmobiles ready for "Da Yooper" and hope the boat sells soon. Going to Munising the day after Thanksgiving to look at some property. Hope it looks good and the price is right. See everyone at the Winter party. Chet

1 - 20 of 230 Posts