Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
oldslomobile
27 Posts
The fireing order is 1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2 number one cyl. is (looking down at the dist. from the back of the eng.) in the 10 O'clock 10:30 position if it is an stock HEI its the one just in front of the coil and tach plugs off of the cap.

·
Registered
590 Posts
You can make number 1 where ever you want by putting number 1 at TDC of compression and install dist. where rotor is pointing make # 1. Stock number 1 standing behind boat on cap at about 11.0 clock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The distributor was never taken out, the window for adjusting the points, what plug wire follows the points adjustment window in the distributor cap

·
Registered
590 Posts
Pull #1 spark plug turn engine over till compression starts pushing on finger bring timing mark on balancer to 0 now look where is the rotor pointing?

·
oldslomobile
27 Posts
the rotation is back wards to a chevy it goes counter clockwies check that first then check and see if the dist isnt in 180 off. No problem for the tow hows it goin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah I know how to "find " One by turning and what not, the engines never been messed with or removed it's all stock so I wanted to find it without having to turn anything

·
oldslomobile
27 Posts
Thats not where mine is at but i'd trust that pic for stock. I may have put mine in in the wrong place. like said earlier it dosn't mater where it is if the order and rotation is correct.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts