Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's slow for boat manufactures right now but is anyone hiring in southern california?

·
'Glass slinger
984 Posts

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
I have been hot boating since i was 3. I'm 20 now and willing to take in anything someone wants to teach me. I have 0 experience working for someone in this field.
You know how to operate a mop?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have been hot boating since i was 3. I'm 20 now and willing to take in anything someone wants to teach me. I have 0 experience working for someone in this field.
I have been drinking beer since i was 15, I am 41 now, I wonder if I can become a brew master?

Hmmmm....

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts
Although you may not want to hear this...the Navy is looking for people, and having little to no experience is not a problem. I joined when I was 20, and had a great experience. When I got out, I had the experience many employers were looking for.

In the navy, you can almost be assured your going to be next to the water. Make sure you get an enlistment bonus of $5000 or more before you sign, so you can buy a used Hotboat and use it on your days off.. :)hand

Good luck

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've been playing with the pud since I was 12 or so, now 50 and I love to fish for tuna. Just wondering if that makes me an official masterbaiter.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Try applying for shipping or warehouse type of work at marine companies.
I applyed for positions at IMCO Marine and Berts Mega Mall and worked at both companies through high school and college. While at Berts they were looking to move me up to parts salesman in just a few months after working there. I learned alot about boats while working at IMCO and was given alot more responsibilty and job duties then what I was hired for. I also got to work for a great family owned companies (IMCO & Berts) see how a sucessfull busines owner (Fred Inman & Ron Siedner) runs a company. I really enjoyed both jobs. I know that was in a better economy but the work is out there if you look for it. You just gotta want it bad and be persistant and once you get your foot in the door and prove yourself. Heck who knows, we could all be buying parts from you someday!

Good luck with the search!

Oh and Mark, if you ever start paying 80k a year to detail give me a call!!:)hand:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts