Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Permanently moved to Arizona about 3 mos. ago. Having a heck of a time finding employment for my husband. Applied for several positions in the area, and he keeps applying everyday on Monster, Hotjobs etc.... Haven't heard any feedback from anyone.

Anyone have any ideas????

:)hand

JJ

·
Registered
854 Posts
Permanently moved to Arizona about 3 mos. ago. Having a heck of a time finding employment for my husband. Applied for several positions in the area, and he keeps applying everyday on Monster, Hotjobs etc.... Haven't heard any feedback from anyone.

JJ
What does he do? I know of a few companies that will be hiring, but they're looking for Technical people...Helpdesk, IT, Network, etc...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
He has a process/operations background it ranges from running production in an Optical Laboratory Coatings department, Managing crews in a construction environment, and owning his own construction company. This includes supply management/procurement and all facets of making sure things just get accomplished. Very detail oreiented. He has a degree in business management, and also CAD skills. Not looking for a huge salary - just wants to get back into the workforce. We moved here due to my promotion in the company we both worked for, but he can no longer work at the company due to my advancement (human resource thing).

JJ

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Constution being next to dead, he's out of luck there. There are so many out of work now, the pay just isn't there. I see guys that havn't worked for months. 5-6 years ago journeyman workers could name their price, not today. Good luck.

·
Apache Lake Monger
917 Posts

JJ
Where in Arizona?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
He has a process/operations background it ranges from running production in an Optical Laboratory Coatings department, Managing crews in a construction environment, and owning his own construction company. This includes supply management/procurement and all facets of making sure things just get accomplished. Very detail oreiented. He has a degree in business management, and also CAD skills. Not looking for a huge salary - just wants to get back into the workforce. We moved here due to my promotion in the company we both worked for, but he can no longer work at the company due to my advancement (human resource thing).

JJ
With the construction industry dead right now I would suggest that your husband get into BIM ( Building Information Modeling) all of the Fed, State and muni are going to this. Basicily this is building a 3D model of the project before it's built. This is to identiry conflicts before they happen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is a horrible time to seek employment, my buddy is having the same problem as an auto mechanic. I think the best way to find work right now is to network on websites like this and trying to meet people directly. The resume route is terrible right now because of all the people out of work.

Good luck with the search.

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This is a horrible time to seek employment, my buddy is having the same problem as an auto mechanic. I think the best way to find work right now is to network on websites like this and trying to meet people directly. The resume route is terrible right now because of all the people out of work.

Good luck with the search.

Mike
Mike

I totally agree with you - I'm hoping by reaching out he will be able to find something. Doesn't need a lot of money $12 - $15 an hour, no benefits (of course more would be ok:)), just want to get him back in the game.

JJ

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the construction industry dead right now I would suggest that your husband get into BIM ( Building Information Modeling) all of the Fed, State and muni are going to this. Basicily this is building a 3D model of the project before it's built. This is to identiry conflicts before they happen.
Doesn't have to be construction - his forte' is supply management/inventory and logistics, that's what his last position entailed.

I want to thank all of you for the responses - I've found that the people out here in the southwest seem to be very genuine (at least the people I have met so far):cool:

·
Large Member
679 Posts
You mentioned his forte' is supply management/inventory and logistics. This might be out in left field, but he might look into running a dispatch department for a trucking Co. Ruan Transportation has alot going on right now in AZ. Just a thought. The job market sucks right now. Good luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks - we've been focusing on purchasing/warhouse/transportaion - pasted in his resume'

Tim Scovern
1808 E. Secretariat Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85284

(859) 393-9355
[email protected]

QUALIFICATIONS

My experience in Optical manufacturing is over six years; however, my experience in sourcing materials extends to almost twenty years. I have entered the optical industry with a Company that is well respected throughout the Industry. I have been afforded the opportunity to bring my experiences and knowledge to this industry, and have seen betterment of the company. I am certain that the experience I have will be an asset to any establishment. I appreciate your consideration. I have demonstrated leadership, training and managerial skills in all aspects of my employment history. Use of my experience would be personally satisfying, and a benefit to any company. The opportunity to use my skills and the conscientious efforts that I have learned from prior years has heightened my awareness of challenges to be accomplished.

WORK HISTORY

04/2003 – 4/2008 Carl Zeiss Vision – Hebron, Kentucky
Production/Project Lead

· Department Manager responsibilities included maintaining daily production flow within the Coatings department, personnel scheduling, materials acquisition and allocation. Personnel reviews/counseling as necessary. Promote positive communication throughout the work team, and implement ideas to achieve Company goals.
· Responsible for providing daily reports of Department goals as well as Current Project status on various goals within the Company.
· Responsibility of consumable supply of entire lab. Also responsible for sourcing and locating unique items that were not currently in use, one-time vendors, or supplying items that will meet the needs of an engineering solution prior to introduction of new techniques/processes.
· Reducing Consumable spending by managing on a daily basis
· Worked extensively with vendors to achieve cost-down initiatives for all network labs including material cost, and freight expenses.
· Worked with Global suppliers of time sensitive, and temperature sensitive goods to ensure proper shipment and delivery.
· Knowledge and responsibility of shipment and receiving of HAZ/MAT goods from global sources.
· Responsible for creating and maintaining a MSDS library, and creating a database for accessibility.
· Personal effort taken in learning other positions within the production facility
· Statistical data gathered as needed by upper management
· Involved in the implementation of LEAN manufacturing processes
· Use of CAD software, design, implement and oversee special projects as needed by upper management including movement of machinery and equipment to better support increased production flow and completion times.
· Assist and managing implementation of new processes and workflow
· Coach new associates in understanding machine usage and/or the need of continuous workflow

06/2002 – 01/2003 ABC Seamless Siding, Toledo, Ohio
Project Installation Manager

· Manage 3 crews of 2 installers in each crew
· Scheduled all installations
· Maintained and distributed project list and requirements to each crew
· Managed goals to be accomplished on a daily basis
· Met with customers prior to, during, and after installations have been completed to ensure customer satisfaction

09/1996 – 06/2002 Scovern Builders, Toledo, Ohio
Owner/Project Manager
· Managed 2 full time employees and scheduled summer help as needed from 09/1996 until 6/2002
· Budgeted and maintained goals of each project
· Purchase equipment and materials as required
· Maintained Payroll along with monthly, quarterly and yearly reports and documentation
· Subcontracted business with other builders/projects as needed
· Joint venture implemented with General Inventures Builders Remodelers in Pittsburgh, PA. In 2001.
· Outsourced personal skills to Triangle Technical College in Pittsburgh, PA as Instructor of their 4th quarter carpentry and related trades course. Instructed approximately 20 students on the full knowledge of carpentry, budgeting and project management

07/1989-1996Overhead Door Co., Toledo, Ohio
Fireplace and Garage Door Technician
· Installer of Zero-Clearance Fireplaces, and Overhead Garage doors
· Training new employees
· Overseeing an managing the Fireplace division
· Inventory management, ordering and receiving product

EDUCATION

1991 – 1995 Associates degree in Business Management, Owens Community College/Perrysburg, Ohio

1985 – 1989 Rossford High School/Rossford, Ohio

1996 – Licensed Contractor certification, Toledo, Ohio

1 - 17 of 17 Posts