Registered
19,800 Posts
shhhhhush up jerry:stir::shhh::redface::cool:

think i sold it to some dorks up in washington

or the potato heads in boise dont recall

·
524 Posts
66 Leavycraft

First flat I owned was a 66 leavycraft, hundreds of hours of use, great ski boat and family friendly, at times I wish I still owned it for lake/river play. Had a Pontiac 400 along with a turbo 400 trans.

66 leavy (1154x727).jpg

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
New Years Resolution:

Ya, I swore I would be nice to Bobbie #GN7 ,oh, that's in a few more weeks.

Well keep on with the Beta Blockers in the Kool-Aide dude, you're mellowing out just fine!!! Of course the Cumadin may have a secondary effect:rolleyes:

Idiot

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Wow

First flat I owned was a 66 leavycraft, hundreds of hours of use, great ski boat and family friendly, at times I wish I still owned it for lake/river play. Had a Pontiac 400 along with a turbo 400 trans.

View attachment 140249
Cross ram on a Poncho!!
Nice boat and we also had one of those early ones up here that hauled the mail and turned!! On second thought, had a midget for a driver who was going pro-wrestler on some Reality show....right before the back of it broke off!! Good timing;)No?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
help posting pics

can someone pm me a email address so I can send these boat pics to them and then they can post them I cant make it work

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
the red paint is not the original color sanded on the boat today and the sides were blue like the interior with white and red stripes and looks like the deck was white only sanded two small areas

Attachments

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Patriotic colors

Oh, right hand steering, I've only seen one of those, the SS39 in Jerrys video. It was converted over by Ken Dorn after it was discovered it didnt really work that well. Yours has not been switched. Gold anodizing is just like we found in SK87. Lets see more, it looks like a veteran circle racer, anyone agree?? HUH

Boy, that's 2 more water pickups than I've ever seen! 3 count them! one for each side of the block and another for the v-drive??

Dont like the J-drains but by the green stain, at least they drained SOME of the water left in it. Looks like it set outside? Oh boy, could be wormhole wood! I hope not, but how do the floors look? Need to get a small body dent hammer and start tapping the stringer glass, then floors, listening for that dull (thud) sound. Wonder what the color is hiding, Beware lots of work ahead. I Pmed my phone number if I can be of assistance. My first Lavey had carpet glued on, and it was mold green also. Nice find, I think.

·
Registered
19,800 Posts
jerk ..dont you have to be in bed soon........
wow rt hand steer..........hmmmmmmmmm
somebodys old circle boat i would think jerk...

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
this boat also has in front of the bulkhead has 2 20" wide aluminum braces on each side that run up and down to support the deck
Wedge rudder, works just fine on them! See the right hand cav plate actuator. The braces made of alum would have been added by someone, most I've seen are plywood dropping down to the stringers forward of the kick plate. But then, as I stated they were all made differently. Now, is there a number at the right rear side molded into the glass. After 1973 they should have one.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Ya Baby

Send me airfare and I'm on the next plane with a grinder. Possible number under that milled flat alum under the pillow blocks, should be right side but one may not see it until the cav hardware are removed. Good 4 bolt pads that not many early ones had. Going from memory here. Wonder whos boat you have. Nice everyone posted lots of pics for color comparison..., the most interest anyones seen here for a while......must be a lousy, poor handling, slow piece of junk, right Jer?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Ya, not too many tried that

jerk ..dont you have to be in bed soon........
wow rt hand steer..........hmmmmmmmmm
somebodys old circle boat i would think jerk...
Geez, Mikie, you take the laptop to the Bar??

41 - 60 of 95 Posts