Performance Boats Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I've never said or implied that...
Never said you did, just twisting tails ya know....& sarcastic as usual Mr. Shooter, too much excitement for my drug induced condition.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
these pics are when I first got the boat and pulled it into my shop once I cleaned it out and powerwashed it i could not belive it the boat is solid with no rot and could just put a few coats of clear over the ugly blue gelcoat floors and some people would think it would look great but I am going to do wood balsa core floors I have the boat almost taken apart and have to figure out how to strip the gold anodize so I can send all the hardware out to get polished I am in the autobody and boat painting -fiberglass repair bussiness so this boat is not a problem to make look good again

Attachments

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
these pics are when I first got the boat and pulled it into my shop once I cleaned it out and powerwashed it i could not belive it the boat is solid with no rot and could just put a few coats of clear over the ugly blue gelcoat floors and some people would think it would look great but I am going to do wood balsa core floors I have the boat almost taken apart and have to figure out how to strip the gold anodize so I can send all the hardware out to get polished I am in the autobody and boat painting -fiberglass repair bussiness so this boat is not a problem to make look good again
Final note, with all the dash gauges, do not sit, stand, or lean near the center top of it!! If its cracked above the tach, that's what happened...

·
Jersey guy
37 Posts
jersey outlaw Lavey

Here in Jersey Bill Bianco races a trunk Lacey with the jersey outlaws and this past season won the sk championship using a Mike Kennedy small block. The hull was originaly from fla. and had raced as a ss boat in the 70s, but we don't know much more about the history than that. btw he needs a trunk to replace the one that blew off...

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jersey Lavey -- SE????

I think that black Jersey Lavey would make a great SE boat. What do you think, Boyd????

We're a little short of SE boats in Region 12 (none). Bob Brown (Old School)?? How's that Rayson coming?? Build it and they will come???? Spokane guys 'n gals will come down this spring if we have a couple.

Dust:)hand

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
any inside pics? of the black boat and does anyone know where they race se smallblock class boats near michigan?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Se racing

I may be wrong, but I think they had an SE race in Detroit last season. I thinkthere are 2 or 3 in that area. Check with your local APBA. I know Glenn Schultz in Iowa is building one now and will probably come out here to region 12 in the spring to race.

The proposed rules have been submitted and you might check them if you intend to put together an SE rig.

Dust:)hand

·
Registered
192 Posts
right side

boat could be rick quass old boat check more on the paint ,i do have pics of ricks boat put away.john

·
Registered
19,800 Posts
jerk sorry i didnt reply last night i spilt my margirita on my lap top...................

i didnt see the down pedal at first its layed over there...nice rigging..im kinda jelous...i like it......

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
oil pan

I am going to need a oil pan for a bbc for this boat it is set up for the motor facing forward does anyone here have anything they would sell?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
alternator mount and setup

need to know if anyone has a alternator mount and alternator for a circle boat with the motor facing forward is there any way to run it off the back of the motor also the hub that replaces the balancer on the front of the engine is just machined out of steel and I need to know if that is what the circle boats run or do they have a special balancer please let me know if anyone here has these things for sale

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Wondering if anyone has photos of the Lavey Greg Barker has supposedly been running this year in the se class during it probationary period, is supposed to be running the #9 on it.... I've looked at all the post here on the new small block se class and have yet to see any photos of it.... Would like to see some if any body has any... Just curious as was told he is very instumental in in building the class and wanted to see his boat...

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Pics from Waterford 2011

Wondering if anyone has photos of the Lavey Greg Barker has supposedly been running this year in the se class during it probationary period, is supposed to be running the #9 on it.... I've looked at all the post here on the new small block se class and have yet to see any photos of it.... Would like to see some if any body has any... Just curious as was told he is very instumental in in building the class and wanted to see his boat...
Is this the Lavey your looking for? :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Yes, that's her: Glen Stones SS83, then Art Andersons, then, Justin D., then Jerkizoids, then Mr. Barker. Boats name is 'Comin Thru' and according to Mr Laveys record had a factory blueprinted bottom (125 extra) and had special aluminum cav hardware, all of it! I hear they will be ruining the bottom by installing dropped chines and forward strakes similar to SS701 also racing there! It was one of the best Laveys up here, (according to the guy who drove all of them) able to run side by side larger cube b-boats!!
Gregs got her looking GOOD!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
need to know if anyone has a alternator mount and alternator for a circle boat with the motor facing forward is there any way to run it off the back of the motor also the hub that replaces the balancer on the front of the engine is just machined out of steel and I need to know if that is what the circle boats run or do they have a special balancer please let me know if anyone here has these things for sale
I have the pan out of the boat below, bbc snout driven! PM me, everythings for sale!

61 - 80 of 95 Posts