Performance Boats Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Could be it, as i cannot see the number on the side, if is #9 and is Greg Barkers then i would say this is it..was just curious and had heard he was running a Lavey with the number 9 on it and was instumental in getting this class going as Pauls side kick...looks like a nice boat, that is if boats are supposed to have trunks...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Greg Barker's #9

Here is a photo from the Geneva Hydrobowl, Sept. 23-25 2011, local class Sportsman Entry.
Greg Barker 9E, "E-Revival" Laveycraft; Pete Hackett SE-66 "Heckel & Jeckel" Aquacraft; Charlie Hamill SE-81 "Hot Canary" Laveycraft
These guys along with rob Kaufman are our East Coast Sportsman Entry participants for 2011. I think this was their fourth event of the year

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Waterford, MI

Here is another photo of Greg Barker racing 9E in SE class at Quake on the Lake

Attachments

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
What is the best meet in the michigan ,ohio area to watch inboard races? Ia'm meaning highest boat count and most classes.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Have no clue

Those are the typical Lavey gel stripes. Cant make out any numbers, can you?

·
Registered
639 Posts
What is the best meet in the michigan ,ohio area to watch inboard races? Ia'm meaning highest boat count and most classes.
Quake on the lake is run in Waterford,Mich. Last year was the APBA nationals with about 100 boat. I'm sure they will run there again this year. Should be a good show but not nationals numbers. Celina, Ohio also puts on a good show. Dayton, Ohio will be runing a testing weekend for vintage boats in the Spring. The largest race in North America is Valleyfield, Quebec and is always worth the trip. Check in on the APBA web site as they have the race dates posted as they become avaliable. Tim

·
Registered
639 Posts
after sanding[/QUOTE

It's been a long time but back in the 70's I raced against a Lavey that looked very much like that hull, in the SS class. If remember correct the owner/driver was Sonny Wade out of Michigan. I also want to say it had an Eagle painted on the deck. I remember him taking a good spill in Picton,Ontario. Don't ever remember seeing him after that. Tim

·
Just Me
4,056 Posts
Quake on the lake is run in Waterford,Mich. Last year was the APBA nationals with about 100 boat. I'm sure they will run there again this year. Should be a good show but not nationals numbers. Celina, Ohio also puts on a good show. Dayton, Ohio will be runing a testing weekend for vintage boats in the Spring. The largest race in North America is Valleyfield, Quebec and is always worth the trip. Check in on the APBA web site as they have the race dates posted as they become avaliable. Tim
Two questions: Will they be running the flat classes and what weekend is Dayton?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Thank for your response Jim

·
Registered
639 Posts
Two questions: Will they be running the flat classes and what weekend is Dayton?
Glenn,
The last I knew testing in Ohio will be 5-11,12,13,2012. I believe it is open to all APBA classes, I'm sure you'll have to be a member and I believe there is a fee. SE's were run at both Waterford and Celina. My guess is they will run there again this year. I'm pretty sure SE's and PS will be on in Tonawanda and Geneva,N.Y. There should be more details after the National meeting next weekend. The SE's are catching on !! I just got word one is being put togeather in Canada and will be ready for this season. Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts
My LaVey craft what's the best thing in my life me and my dad bought the boat when I was 7 years old from a guy that lived in Utah we learned about the boat on a summer trip to Bear lake Utah and bought the boat a few short weeks later ended up purchasing that boat from the guy my father sold at 2 and it was stolen from me 2005 I really hope somebody can tell me something about it I know there's not too many of them mine was called The equalizer too it was silver and blue metallic with E-5-R on the sides but I ended up painting a sewer and blue with flames on the front and called it flat fired up I'm strolling out of Phoenix Arizona any help would be much appreciated
IMG_20190127_205146.jpg

Here is my LaVey I have never gotten over losing it

·
Registered
99 Posts
My LaVey craft what's the best thing in my life me and my dad bought the boat when I was 7 years old from a guy that lived in Utah we learned about the boat on a summer trip to Bear lake Utah and bought the boat a few short weeks later ended up purchasing that boat from the guy my father sold at 2 and it was stolen from me 2005 I really hope somebody can tell me something about it I know there's not too many of them mine was called The equalizer too it was silver and blue metallic with E-5-R on the sides but I ended up painting a sewer and blue with flames on the front and called it flat fired up I'm strolling out of Phoenix Arizona any help would be much appreciated View attachment 1042301 View attachment 1042301 View attachment 1042302 View attachment 1042303
Here is my LaVey I have never gotten over losing it
That's a great looking racer! Have not seen this one! Trying to navigate this remodeled site! NOT Happy with it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
One more try to post pics:
that is a great looking boat jerkizoid is that one you restored? any pics of the inside of the boat
Didn't do much, it was in good shape when I bought from Jim Davis and Art Anderson! Funny how it had an Idaho registration then went to Arizona and Jim brought it back! then to me and then to Mr. Barker. I HAVE ONE VERY SIMILAR FOR SALE NEEDING PAINT AND A SMALL BLOCK! CALL ME 509 981 3018

81 - 95 of 95 Posts