Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
There was another thread here in the spam section where that boat was being discussed , but I am not sure how far back it was . Might try to track it down and see if there is any info in there to help you out .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i know who the guy is, i just thought someone may know the history of the boat. I would like to know who the last guy was who raced it. Butch has owned the boat for so long the original owner may be dead. Its a few hours away but i think it may be worth the drive. Edward

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i dont know how accurate that is, he told me he got a ride in a flatbottom sanger when he was a kid and it took him about 30 years of searching until he found the one he has. He may mean 20 or 25 years i really dont know. I will find out when i go up to see it. I myself own a Baja and ive always wanted a flatbottom Biesemeyer. Not very many around Missouri. Ive always wanted a Unlimted hydro as well and almost bought one 5 years ago for 100,000 in Oregon. But i liked to live in a house better than having it. Edward

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you have his phone number. I called him and he said it was still forsale but he was tired of people bugging him. But as we all know thats the price one has to pay when selling something. It would be nice to take it back with me. Hell if it took him all them years to find it he must be picky.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The boat is sweet. Im lookin to pick it up next weekend. Runs strong, straight as an arrow. He did a pass doing about 70mph with his hands off the steering wheel. The engine starts singing at 5,000rpm and wanting more. The inside walls have some kind of corking with nice snap on sides. Most ive seen are bare. Ive seen a few of these boats over the years and this one is one of the nicest that hasnt been messed with. Hes even going to throw in a security racing vest and 2 VP racing fuel cans. The headers have ceramic coating and about two spots the size of a dime of surface rust. Damn thing is clean. The guy has 10 old cars and trucks sitting in his shop and i wouldnt mind taking those 2 old big block corvettes with me as well. I will post some photos of it when i get it. Edward:p:)hand

·
Registered
23 Posts
no ed..........the corvettes have been with me for around 12 years and one for 20..........big blocks are the only way to go........and if i let my grandads 1952 ford F1 go he would haunt me from the grave......i have kept the ole girl the same way he had it when he was alive......hes been gone now for about 12 years now and i havent even changed the radio or mirror settings..............i like to call that respect............butch

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
710 FICA score with $5,000 down and they wouldnt do it. The said i needed $10,000 down and they would loan me $5,000. And i would have to fully insure it. So i guess im out of the boat market this year. That Biesemeyer is so nice, i really hate to miss it. Butch dont want to bring the price down and i dont blame him it is a very nice boat and i dont know where i could get one that nice for the money. I told him to mothball it and i will try again next spring with a little more cash. Edward

·
Upstanding Member
12,680 Posts
710 FICA score with $5,000 down and they wouldnt do it. The said i needed $10,000 down and they would loan me $5,000. And i would have to fully insure it. So i guess im out of the boat market this year. That Biesemeyer is so nice, i really hate to miss it. Butch dont want to bring the price down and i dont blame him it is a very nice boat and i dont know where i could get one that nice for the money. I told him to mothball it and i will try again next spring with a little more cash. Edward

Get a secured loan. :)bulb

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will sock away $1,000 per month until i have the cash and I hope the Biesemeyer boat is still around then. Maybe I will have the thing by next spring. I should have realized how tight the banks were. The last boat I purchased I put down 10% with no problems. Edward

753 Posts
well sorry ed...........im kind of getting back in the groove again with the Biesemeyer..............took it out today for a run...........im getting the fever again........had to change my handle here to show my Biesemeyer colors.................i may have been to eager to sell it.............the bad economy might have saved it for me.......wink wink.........butch

·
Registered
23 Posts
well guys the price is 20k.............i just had to raise it.............its 1pm up here in iowa and i must go boating............about 78 degrees with zero wind..............a good day to kill some Bajas and Fountains..........butch

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.