Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Take it off then try and straighten, if it don't want to straighten, may need to put on a new piece of rub rail. It's easy to form, nothing special for tools, something you can do easy at home. Oh and don't do that again :|err

·
Registered
541 Posts
get a floor jack and a piece of 2x4 put the 2x4 on the jack and up to the rub rail and jack it up and when its close take two pieces wood one on top and one bottom of the rail and clamp them to gather to gat the kink out or just get a bigger hammer

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I would say the BEST way would be to remove the damaged rub rail,
repair the fiberglass and install new rub rail. Of course you already knew that:D

·
BOOMER SOONER
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take it off then try and straighten, if it don't want to straighten, may need to put on a new piece of rub rail. It's easy to form, nothing special for tools, something you can do easy at home. Oh and don't do that again :|err

wasn't my falt, was there when i bought it. the guy i got the boat from said he was tied up to a rock in a 5mph area when a roll bar boat came threw at FT and slammed him into the rocks

·
Registered
274 Posts
if i cant get it straight , were can i get the rub rail from?? thanks fior your help
tacomarine.com

Probably the best bet in finding a match to your existing.

Good luck!

I need to order rail for my boat soon, and I'm a little nervous about the install, but I've talked to many that have done it, and they all say it isn't too bad of a project.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Recycle the rub rail that ship has sailed. It's aluminum and IMO there is no way to fix it Right as said above replace it and be done. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts