Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
ERECT MEMBER
2,414 Posts
i think he wants a ride:D:D
Never mind the revs, I'd be kicken some ass for jumpin in with shoes on:|err:|err

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Damn thats badass..:)devil

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey RD, that is a fuel tank. Look at the Holley float bowl on the side. Having a vented tank full of fuel under that hatch ....

Looks like a blown gas deal to me. It wouldn't have an intercooler if it was on alky.

Thats what I was thinking.. Chiller on alky ? but the injection on the hat and that tank with the holley carb is odd looking.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Let's talk about HTMs/HTM2

So I remember hearing back in the Hot Boat days that they like to roll over. True or rumor?

Everyone I see with decent power really puts up some very impressive numbers.

So whats the deal? How do they handle? Whats the difference between the SS 24and SR 24?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
So I remember hearing back in the Hot Boat days that they like to roll over. True or rumor?

Everyone I see with decent power really puts up some very impressive numbers.

So whats the deal? How do they handle? Whats the difference between the SS 24and SR 24?
I think the blow over thing is all in how the boat is operated, IMHO. I sold my HTM a couple months ago and I had ran that boat over 120mph on more than a few occasions never did anything funny, felt ultra solid.

I think ( in my opinion ) its the fastest single I/O cat hull you can get. This also could be why there is a higher rate of blow overs in them. Also, how often do you find an HTM with stock power ? Most I've seen have crazy power ( the video in this thread is maybe the craziest yet ) and it seems to be the norm with these. I seen a boat that was built by Don London ( ? ) for sale and it had a big inch blown injected deal WITH Nitrous. Made my 1000 hp procharged motor seem wimpy lol

SS-24 is the sit down ( low slung/short deck )
SR-24 is the stand up version

The bottom is different between the two.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I think the blow over thing is all in how the boat is operated, IMHO. I sold my HTM a couple months ago and I had ran that boat over 120mph on more than a few occasions never did anything funny, felt ultra solid.

I think ( in my opinion ) its the fastest single I/O cat hull you can get. This also could be why there is a higher rate of blow overs in them. Also, how often do you find an HTM with stock power ? Most I've seen have crazy power ( the video in this thread is maybe the craziest yet ) and it seems to be the norm with these. I seen a boat that was built by Don London ( ? ) for sale and it had a big inch blown injected deal WITH Nitrous. Made my 1000 hp procharged motor seem wimpy lol

Thanks for the input!

Which 24 is more common? Why?
I heard that one is more favorable on the river as it turns better. True?

G

·

Just curious what the difference in the bottoms are between the SR and the SS. I was on the first SS on Castaic with Steve C. He was getting it ready for the Hot Boat Mag testing. I thought that Steve had said that the SS consisted of a shorter deck on the SR bottom.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 53 Posts