Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea on where you can get one of these batteries. I had my stereo guy put it in, but I don't think he's in business anymore. Its a Discover ev8dg-a. I looked on the internet, but didn't find any sites which sell them in Socal.

IMG_1050.jpg

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
There are plenty of replacement options unless Im missing something.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm up for a different replacement option. It's a big battery, anyone in San Diego know of any good places to buy large batteries like this? I'm not as strong as I used to be, but his sucker must way 250lbs. Its just for my stereo and to run the house when the big one hits...lol

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Anyone have an idea on where you can get one of these batteries. I had my stereo guy put it in, but I don't think he's in business anymore. Its a Discover ev8dg-a. I looked on the internet, but didn't find any sites which sell them in Socal.

View attachment 117990
I have 12 of them on our fishing boat, we buy from a marine electric shop here in town. They are pricy but with a good charger and maintanence on the water level they are tough.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
250lbs? Wow! I'd look for an alternative deep cycle battery and/or install dual batteries.

Btw, Ive got a ton of those signs in my garage too. haha

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 12 of them on our fishing boat, we buy from a marine electric shop here in town. They are pricy but with a good charger and maintanence on the water level they are tough.
Yeah,it's been a great battery, but as you said I didn't keep up with the maintainence.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
250lbs? Wow! I'd look for an alternative deep cycle battery and/or install dual batteries.

Btw, Ive got a ton of those signs in my garage too. haha
I do have dual batteries, but that one is for my stereo. I can crank it all weekend and never have to worry about a dead battery. It's for the family cruiser so I'm not too worried about weight.

Signs work good!

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
I have two 29 marine maxx from walmart.... last all weekend with a good amp hour rating and they are about 75-80 bucks each.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I do have dual batteries, but that one is for my stereo. I can crank it all weekend and never have to worry about a dead battery. It's for the family cruiser so I'm not too worried about weight.

Signs work good!
Oh ok.

Yea I remember when in 07 when I first stared using them at the start of all of this. They were really great bait back then!

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I'm up for a different replacement option. It's a big battery, anyone in San Diego know of any good places to buy large batteries like this? I'm not as strong as I used to be, but his sucker must way 250lbs. Its just for my stereo and to run the house when the big one hits...lol
I'd probably go for several smaller ones....if for no other reason that it's easier to move.
Years ago...like early 90's, i used to run 4 deep cycle at my house and it was for my stereo... batteries stashed in a shed out back with 2 big amp chargers and a couple welding leads run into the house to the amps. Car amps..high watt car amps with fans....It's how you get a home high power home system on a budget. At one time it was good for over 3000 watts (i know...not much by today's standards but speakers were always the issue...kinda like top fuel with t/a radials
Ran several pairs of home speakers....no subs but i had base speakers amped separate....it would run for several days @ half power....
Separate/smaller batteries might be better....easier to control heat at high charge/discharge rates....way easier to move....and if one battery craps a cell one smaller battery cheaper than that monster.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd probably go for several smaller ones....if for no other reason that it's easier to move.
Years ago...like early 90's, i used to run 4 deep cycle at my house and it was for my stereo... batteries stashed in a shed out back with 2 big amp chargers and a couple welding leads run into the house to the amps. Car amps..high watt car amps with fans....It's how you get a home high power home system on a budget. At one time it was good for over 3000 watts (i know...not much by today's standards but speakers were always the issue...kinda like top fuel with t/a radials
Ran several pairs of home speakers....no subs but i had base speakers amped separate....it would run for several days @ half power....
Separate/smaller batteries might be better....easier to control heat at high charge/discharge rates....way easier to move....and if one battery craps a cell one smaller battery cheaper than that monster.
Thanks for the insight! Prolly gonna stay with the single large battery for the stereo. I went down the route of 4 Optima's and it didn't work nearly as well.

Lol, I have a ton of old stereo equipment, I was actually kinking the idea of wiring it all up in the garage for table tennis and beer pong.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
WMorton;142559c2 said:
Thanks for the insight! Prolly gonna stay with the single large battery for the stereo. I went down the route of 4 Optima's and it didn't work nearly as well.

Lol, I have a ton of old stereo equipment, I was actually kinking the idea of wiring it all up in the garage for table tennis and beer pong.
Just curious...what was the performance difference between the 4 and the big single?
I know optima's have been know to be.....inconsistent? some people have great luck
and some don't.....and a group of batteries all wired together will only be as good as the worst one......

Old stereo equipment....great stuff..lol.....i scored an old technics (sa1000)at an electronics recycle place...looked/smelled ok....i gambled....and spent the .10 cents a pound....cost $9.00...yes, it is that heavy...i think it's rated 300 per channel...only home unit i ever liked...it's hooked to pc tv 2 bose in garage and 4 sansui in the house.....haven't turned it off in 2 years......i can crank it till the cops come and it never even gets warm.:)bulb

·
Registered
829 Posts
Try a Group-31 from Interstate Batteries or Trojan Batteries. Its a deep-cycle battery with plenty of reserve.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts