Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 4" lift for our 2x Excursion. Suggestions on lift? ...

What is your lift kit and tire size combo? Stocker right now, 31" tires...need to go up a bit to launch in Lake Mead as the ramps get shallow and I have to go out further...

Any suggestions or pics would help..
Thanks...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Looking for a 4" lift for our 2x Excursion. Suggestions on lift? ...

What is your lift kit and tire size combo? Stocker right now, 31" tires...need to go up a bit to launch in Lake Mead as the ramps get shallow and I have to go out further...

Any suggestions or pics would help..
Thanks...
Keep in mind a 4" lift on a 2 wheel drive Excursion will only lift it a cuda hair.Will barely give you clearence for 33's and they will probablly rub in turns.
I put a 6" on my 2wd Excursion and it is about the same as a 4x4 with a 4" lift.6" on a 2wd sounds like alot but it sits at a good height (lose's the station wagon) look and 35's fit nicely.
We use ours to launch our toon and used to use it to launch out 27ft Shadow with no problems.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keep in mind a 4" lift on a 2 wheel drive Excursion will only lift it a cuda hair.Will barely give you clearence for 33's and they will probablly rub in turns.
I put a 6" on my 2wd Excursion and it is about the same as a 4x4 with a 4" lift.6" on a 2wd sounds like alot but it sits at a good height (lose's the station wagon) look and 35's fit nicely.
We use ours to launch our toon and used to use it to launch out 27ft Shadow with no problems.
Thanks Shadow, did you do the lift yourself or have it done? PM me some details if you would want to take on the task since I already know I can trust you...If you do not do lifts who would you recommend.
Thanks
G

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lifted 2 wheel drive trucks are so 90's.
I know I know...BUT if I did not love this Excursion so much and it wasn't so relaible I would be selling it in a NY second and buying a 4x already done...Can't beat the reliability of this one though, I bought it from the original owner and he is a friend so I know what condition it was in..would hate to get rid of it and get someone elses headache......now if I had your money I would just go out and build me a new one :D:D

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had the offroad shop on Holt in Montclair (Forgot the name) do a 6" Fabtech with dual shocks on a '99 F-250 2x4, and used Wrangler 305x70x16 tires (About 33's). The set up should be similar to the Excursion set up. Mileage obviously suffered a bit, but it looked clean and rode well. I did the lift for the same reason, needed to get out further when launching 'cause I soaked the floor mats once.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks Shadow, did you do the lift yourself or have it done? PM me some details if you would want to take on the task since I already know I can trust you...If you do not do lifts who would you recommend.
Thanks
G

Yeah i did mine myself and i would do it again with no regrets.I'll try to snap a few pics over the weekend and forward them to you.
I'd be happy to do your lift.
When you are in the area and if you want to check mine out and drive it you are more than welcome to come over.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah i did mine myself and i would do it again with no regrets.I'll try to snap a few pics over the weekend and forward them to you.
I'd be happy to do your lift.
When you are in the area and if you want to check mine out and drive it you are more than welcome to come over.
Will give you a call after seeing the pics...and thanks....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.