Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this boat up last summer and putting it together just looking to see if anyone knows much about it thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hard to tell from that pic, but did you buy that boat from someone on the forum? It looks like a boat I've seen a couple of times. If it is the same boat, it looked well taken care of the times I saw it.

·
Hit it where you fit it
136 Posts
I believe this was a friends of mine's boat. I was looking into buying it last summer as well but found another one.

If it is the same one is has a nice rounded keel (previously was a flat keel) A fresh pump with an Agressor 9 vane bowl , Aggressor aluminum impellor with an inducer. I thought the rumor was that it was previously owner by Olhausen back in the day, maybe the original onwer. Always been in the lower Colorado river/ Martinez lake area I believe. Had a 505cu BBC with dual dominators and a magneto when I saw it run before the engine was pulled pre sale. Ran mid 90's with about 700 hp. It was at the power tour a few years back, there are pictures on there of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I believe this was a friends of mine's boat. I was looking into buying it last summer as well but found another one.

If it is the same one is has a nice rounded keel (previously was a flat keel) A fresh pump with an Agressor 9 vane bowl , Aggressor aluminum impellor with an inducer. I thought I heard it was previously owner by Ohlhossen back int he day, maybe the original onwer. Always been int he lower Colorado river/ Martinez lake area I believe. Had a 505cu BBC with dual dominators when I saw it run before the engine was pulled pre sale. Ran mid 90's with about 700 hp. It was at the power tour a few year back, there are pictures on there of it.
We posted at the same time. lol...I saw that at Power Tour a few years ago. Nice boat!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

Wow thanks guys :) that is my boat that you posted pics of. The pulley mark on the back of the seat is still there. I'm putting a 511 CI BBC in it, the short block is done, waiting on the heads to be finished up. This motor made 780hp on pump gas with a single 1050, had to keep the timming out of it for pump gas. Adding a second 1050 on a tunnel ram and race gas with more timing. Should make 840-860hp, then the ole funny gas will top it off with another 350hp.
Will have a FOR SALE sign on it though. :)

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Wow thanks guys :) that is my boat that you posted pics of. The pulley mark on the back of the seat is still there. I'm putting a 511 CI BBC in it, the short block is done, waiting on the heads to be finished up. This motor made 780hp on pump gas with a single 1050, had to keep the timming out of it for pump gas. Adding a second 1050 on a tunnel ram and race gas with more timing. Should make 840-860hp, then the ole funny gas will top it off with another 350hp.
Nice, looks like your not messing around.:))THumbsUp

·
Hit it where you fit it
136 Posts

Thats good power for a light boat. I liked the interior in the that boat, more modern looking than a pair of buckets.

A friend of mine has 19 Daytona an 800 hp pump gas 565 and it has ran 10.15 at 108 in a quarter. Its a killer River racer set up.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice 108, that's what I'm talking about :). I just want to break 100mph. Sounds like I shouldn't have a problem with that from what you guys are saying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts