Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought of this the other day after reading a post on River Dave's:

This is the election map by county. The red is Bush and the blue is Kerry. Bush won over 75% of all counties in the US. Kerry, like Gore won the urban area's and nearly the rest of the country went for Bush.

I think as of right now McCain and Palin will win even more counties than Bush did. I think the media is really downplaying the energy Palin brought to the campaign and the number of women that will vote for her ,not to mention young men.

Sleeper CP

Black men for Palin (charter member) ;)

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
And just think how much of a disaster Bush turned out to be.
I disagree. Bush hasn't been a disaster at all. The media has made a lot of feeble minded folks think that....even many who voted for him twice.
To me Bush's biggest mistake has been not defending himself against all the lies spewed about him and his administration.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In regards to what ?

Not sure how that ties into the map ?

Sleeper CP :)bulb ?

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To me Bush's biggest mistake has been not defending himself against all the lies spewed about him and his administration.
One way or another he should have. It should have been the VP's job. He would have smoked them.

I was talking to a jack ass two week's ago who was still talking about Scooter Libby and what the hell ever her name was ( Joe Wilson's wife).
He hadn't even heard of Dick Armatage(sp) who finally came out and said it was him. Hell half the media just wants to forget about the truth.

Back to the map :):)punch

Sleeper CP :D

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
I disagree. Bush hasn't been a disaster at all. The media has made a lot of feeble minded folks think that....even many who voted for him twice.

X2 now that I have been schooled in PRF.

The map is way more red than I expected to be honest as I have only seen it by states during the 2000 and 2004 Elections.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I thought of this the other day after reading a post on River Dave's:

This is the election map by county. The red is Bush and the blue is Kerry. Bush won over 75% of all counties in the US. Kerry, like Gore won the urban area's and nearly the rest of the country went for Bush.

I think as of right now McCain and Palin will win even more counties than Bush did. I think the media is really downplaying the energy Palin brought to the campaign and the number of women that will vote for her ,not to mention young men.

Sleeper CP

Black men for Palin (charter member) ;)
I hope your right, but right now this electoral map is looking a little different. Do you think the polls could be that far off? www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Yeah, they are off. The difference is comparing polls to actual voters. Obama needs about a 10-15% poll advantage to win a real vote.
If the Dems. get their vote out McCain loses.
I'm betting they don't get the vote out.
Go back and look at look at the state map. Florida goes red, McCain needs half of the those states in the Midwest.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
It's baffling to me. But McCain is an old fart, and all the old farts here are going to vote for him. Now suddenly this week polls say Obama is even or ahead in FL. I doubt it very much.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you explain that Florida thing to me?
The map above: Electoral College, Florida is 27 votes. Makes a huge impact.

Rush did a great review of the poll's today in the 3rd hour. He read an article about the skewing (sp) of the poll's. The sample taken and the fact that they are weighting the poll's to Obama because they expect a bigger turnout for him. So they are adding points for him without them actually being there.

If the poll's were compared to the last election turnout McCain would be leading 45-39% nationally. :)bulb They won't tell you that.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
The map above: Electoral College, Florida is 25 votes. Makes a huge impact.

Rush did a great review of the poll's today in the 3rd hour. He read an article about the skewing (sp) of the poll's. The sample taken and the fact that they are weighting the poll's to Obama because they expect a bigger turnout for him. So they are adding points for him without them actually being there.

If the poll's were compared to the last election turnout McCain would be leading 45-39% nationally. :)bulb They won't tell you that.

Could it not be to our advantage to work harder while they lax off.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Polls are just that. Much of the time they do not reflect the result. They're nice talking points but that's about it.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Pensylvania is filled to overflowing with unhappy racists clinging to their guns and bibles, hating everyone whio isn't like them.

Florida was a Bush state all along, due to family relationships, and friends of the family in the govt. there.
Obama has a chance to win Fla. now that Bush won't be running there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts