Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm about to buy a new impeller for my boat and thinking of trying one of Precision Jet Drives billet aluminum ones. Just wondering if anyone here has run one and can tell me how they compare to an AT or Berkeley of the same cut. I like the idea of a cnc machined from billet impeller for concentricity and balance reasons, but that will not help much if the blade profiles are poor. Anyone with any thoughts or experience?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the info and opinions. I am only running about 250hp at low rpm's(it's a diesel) so not to concerned about it coming apart. More interested in how good the blade profiles are and how they load compared to an American Turbine impeller of the same cut? If anyone else has run one keep the opinions coming.

·
Administrator
16,874 Posts
250 HP diesel 3X as much torque? But if it has an alum inpeller now then I guess it's not an issue.

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
I've been running a 9 1/2" AT alum impeller. Engine is a 4 cyl. 1.9l vw tdi. Turns the 9 1/2" to 3800rpm.
Your number line up real well with the 9 1/2" AT chart at 3800 RPM this equates to approximately 252 HP and 348 ft lbs of torque. The AT aluminum is probably adequate as evidently it is holding up at present. I don't know where you operate, but if you were ever in salt water, etc, the stainless impeller would be a nice upgrade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts