Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts? I have to blame my gps #'s sunday on something, so before I go impellar hunting (for used) I wondered if the hi helix was worth the x-tra $. BTW I have an ab cut , and think it would run better with a "b". Not enougph difference to worry about?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I am running one in my race boat, Jack @ MPD detailed this impeller. It is a B cut. I believe the HH impeller has a different pump curve compared to a American Turbine or Berkeley B. I would call Jack and ask him specifics.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Any thoughts? I have to blame my gps #'s sunday on something, so before I go impellar hunting (for used) I wondered if the hi helix was worth the x-tra $. BTW I have an ab cut , and think it would run better with a "b". Not enougph difference to worry about?
Give Duane at HTP a call. I believe he helped design the HH impeller. I'm sure he'll be able to tell you anything you want to know about them.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Although I have had no personal experience with the High Helix impeller what I have heard is that they are bitchen. I will be smoking through my pump this winter and it may be going in my pump.

~Brian

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I am running one in my race boat, Jack @ MPD detailed this impeller. It is a B cut. I believe the HH impeller has a different pump curve compared to a American Turbine or Berkeley B. I would call Jack and ask him specifics.
your running a HH impellar in your race boat right now?

·
northern member
602 Posts
A3 power curve

I'm running a Hi-Helix AA impellar and love it, but don't know enough about jets to give good info. :)sphss
given that we've heard that would load harder than A3 Berk , how bout your max rpm , sounds like you've got a motor with some serious grunt !

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Ive tested a few helix's. Im not convinced yet but I have not given up either. Planning on more testing soon.

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
What RPMs are you turning
Turning 5800-5900 (853hp uncorrected @ 5800rpm) right now but need to check the tach tonight along with mapping the rest of my current set-up. That is with an inducer, Ultimate wear ring set at .024, stock 9 vane Aggressor bowl with stuffer (I think right at .040) and an American Turbine straight snoot with a 3.187 nozzle. Haven't checked intake pressure, that is on the list for tomorrow also.

Damn work keeps getting in the way of my fun, but I am way ahead of last year as I didn't get it running until September!!!!:|err

·
smoknoldy
16 Posts
American Turbine Hi Helix

I'm running an American Turbine Hi Helix "B" cut without a pre loader. Very happy with the results so far. Sorry I can't give a straight performance improvement from a Berkley "A" to the AT "B" hi helix as I changed my Bowl and my Stuffer grate at the same time. But here's the improvement. Oh Dustin at AT said I would get close to gaining 300 rpm, I said I might get on the cam and do better! he he! Results 5450 Rpm on the Berkley "A"
First hard pass on the American Turbine "B hi helix 6000 rpm. I thought that I couldn't be happier, then checked my rev limiter chip and replaced the 6200 chip with the 6400 chip. Second time out, actually was when the Budweiser Rd. Boys had there beginning of summer weekend She turned 6100 rpm.

468" Oldsmopile for power

smoknoldy

Attachments

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I'm running an American Turbine Hi Helix "B" cut without a pre loader. Very happy with the results so far. Sorry I can't give a straight performance improvement from a Berkley "A" to the AT "B" hi helix as I changed my Bowl and my Stuffer grate at the same time. But here's the improvement. Oh Dustin at AT said I would get close to gaining 300 rpm, I said I might get on the cam and do better! he he! Results 5450 Rpm on the Berkley "A"
First hard pass on the American Turbine "B hi helix 6000 rpm. I thought that I couldn't be happier, then checked my rev limiter chip and replaced the 6200 chip with the 6400 chip. Second time out, actually was when the Budweiser Rd. Boys had there beginning of summer weekend She turned 6100 rpm.

smoknoldy
sweet lookin' PC. looked to be running good that day. nice ta meet ya.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts

smoknoldy
Good to see you posting up here Terry! And I love the PC, as I said at the river, super super clean!

You need to make the trek back to Ming to see what it runs ... same old people, same old place!

Welcome to the boards!

Brian Busby

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So would it be safe to say a HH b cut, would be easier to "get on the cam" than a b cut berk? or the other way around?? Any hp charts yet?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
So would it be safe to say a HH b cut, would be easier to "get on the cam" than a b cut berk? or the other way around?? Any hp charts yet?
i turn a berk MPD SS full A @ 6950. put a SS HH A and spin it 6650. Seems to be a 300 rpm difference in the AA`s too!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
So if there is a benefit to the HH what would it be?...more efficient, meaning quicker outta the hole or more top speed? (i guess also more efficient! LOL)
Nevermind, i totaly just confused myself! lol

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
So if there is a benefit to the HH what would it be?...more efficient, meaning quicker outta the hole or more top speed? (i guess also more efficient! LOL)
Nevermind, i totaly just confused myself! lol
my boat deffinetly leaves better with the h-helix but it doesn`t seem to mph, with the berk A she runs 5+ mph faster. I want to run them on the track to see on a time slip the differences.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts