Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone to share some Data on Daytona's with the narrow lift strakes & aluminum engine. Case in point, 1979 Daytona ,med layup, Approximate 1400hp, engine 34" from transom.

·
Registered
102 Posts
1980's vintage Daytona with similar bottom

I have a similar set up 30" set forward and 1200 hp that wants to porpoise at above 110 mph. We are trying to set the hardware and straight nozzle without a droop just right and not do any bottom work until the last resort. Chris at B1 is also helping me thru is process. Give him a call.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I have a similar set up 30" set forward and 1200 hp that wants to porpoise at above 110 mph. We are trying to set the hardware and straight nozzle without a droop just right and not do any bottom work until the last resort. Chris at B1 is also helping me thru is process. Give him a call.
Try moving the motor foward about 4 to 6 inches if you can.Also install a Wing.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Boat not climbing.Right :hmmm:
it's not climbing. look at the attitude. compared to your shitbox, this is conservative. the whole boat hops. it's not moving up bow first. it's good to know you can tell if a boat's climbing by a still pic, rather than see it running in person. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The nose is not climbing, the attitude was good, then the whole boat just slowly climbs up out of the water.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Daytona

We're very close to solving the issues, the old school droop snoop was caring the entire boat too high, which worked up to the 110 mph range on motor. When adding a 400 shot of nos the boat would drive out, hop, and unload. By removing the droop and replacing with a straight place diverter the boat now rides lower in the water and stays hooked up.Over charging doesn't seem to be the problem with 60 psi intake bowl pressure at 100 mph. Thanks for all you guy's imput, it seems to take all of us these days to diagnose these situations with the leaps and bounds these boats have made in the last few years. I did want to say that I never had experienced this poor riding performance in my home state, running 120 mph at 1500 feet elevation. This occurred at close to sea level in unfamiliar waters and no way to replace the droop at the time. Thanks again Steve.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
it's not climbing. look at the attitude. compared to your shitbox, this is conservative. the whole boat hops. it's not moving up bow first. it's good to know you can tell if a boat's climbing by a still pic, rather than see it running in person. :rolleyes:
Looks a little RISKY to me,but thats another deal.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
We're very close to solving the issues, the old school droop snoop was caring the entire boat too high, which worked up to the 110 mph range on motor. When adding a 400 shot of nos the boat would drive out, hop, and unload. By removing the droop and replacing with a straight place diverter the boat now rides lower in the water and stays hooked up.Over charging doesn't seem to be the problem with 60 psi intake bowl pressure at 100 mph. Thanks for all you guy's imput, it seems to take all of us these days to diagnose these situations with the leaps and bounds these boats have made in the last few years. I did want to say that I never had experienced this poor riding performance in my home state, running 120 mph at 1500 feet elevation. This occurred at close to sea level in unfamiliar waters and no way to replace the droop at the time. Thanks again Steve.
1200 HP in a Daytona, you need wing.I am sure that Chris can help you. :))THumbsUp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts