Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
So is there a running proto-type ?

Maybe he can get some of Obamas "green" grant money to get that baby into production.

It's been discussed on here before (this forum) : Someone has to have thought of a better more efficient engine than the "Otto cycle" engine after all these year's. It sure would be great to see something that revolutionary get built before I'm 85 yrs old.

I need one for the boat...;) Maybe I'll use one of those instead of the 1,200 hp 150 cu.in. ( 8 hp cu. in ) Hydrogen engine that just sucks water out of the river to run on. Can't wait till the day.... So long as it has a Ford name plate on it ;) :)grn :)grn

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Maybe he can get some of Obamas "green" grant money to get that baby into production. :D
I wouldn't be too sure about that; I see a lot of Wankel-ish and 2-stroke-ish principles in the design, meaning that I am awfully curious about the tailpipe emmissions it might generate. Notice that exhaust emmissions was not discussed in the video...unless I missed it (engine efficiency does not count for low emmissions).

Hope I'm mistaken, the rest looks pretty cool, :cool:

LO

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Didn't FORD develop a clean burn two stroke that used oil cartridges?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Right about the time that video was put on U-tube (June 2007) I was doing some exhaust work on the dyno cells at Shelby's in Gardena and they had a motor on the dyno that look just like that. They would tell you anything you wanted know about an FE they might have on the dyno, anything. But ask about that thing, and they acted they knew zip. Like they didn't even know what motor you were talking about. Another member on these boards knew a little about it, but only that it put out a shit load of torque at low R's and yet would spin enough to put up big HP numbers. It never ran while I was there, and I was there for 3 days, about 10 hrs a day. If they ran it, it was late in the afternoon.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't know all the BS that was envolved with the engine.Yes there was a proto type,No it didn't amount to shit.The dyno they ran it on is at our yard.
The inventor used up alot of money and didn't produce what he said was the story I got from my boss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts