Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Installed some on my trailer back in April, and I am very happy.
My fiance was unable to work the old tie downs and with these she is able to work them without issues.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
I dont use them but have seen many trailers with them.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would like to pick some up, but i dont really like the way they look bolted to the trailer. i would rather have them flush to the trailer in some way.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Totally agree. The bracket idea looks kind of cheap.

i would like to pick some up, but i dont really like the way they look bolted to the trailer. i would rather have them flush to the trailer in some way.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
i thought about buying them, but would have to be able to mount them to the trailer, looks like if you really tighten them down you would bend or break the mounting hardware..

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought about buying them, but would have to be able to mount them to the trailer, looks like if you really tighten them down you would bend or break the mounting hardware..
if anything, i would like to have them swivel side to side ... those brackets dont look too strong.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I had to purchase the mounting harware, since my trailer was not built for them. You can not see the mounting hardware at all, when they are installed, and the buckles are only 2" away from trailer, does not look bad at all.

The mounting harware is heavy duty, no way you can bend it, unless you tighten the bolts way too much when installing, or over tighten the buckles.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
I had to purchase the mounting harware, since my trailer was not built for them. You can not see the mounting hardware at all, when they are installed, and the buckles are only 2" away from trailer, does not look bad at all.

The mounting harware is heavy duty, no way you can bend it, unless you tighten the bolts way too much when installing, or over tighten the buckles.
good info right there..thanks, any pics????

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

thats good to hear.

the way the mounting hardware looks in the picture doesn't look all that great to me.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My pops bought 3 of them this past winter.

For the rear he welded a plate onto the face of trailer for extra strength, cut the bottom out of the boxed trailer and bolted the tie downs through. He then welded the bottom back on and voila it looks factory and is flush mounted.

For the front he made a custom bracket. "We have the floating bar in front"

So far so good, and wayyyy better than the home depot ratchet straps.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the more i have been reading about them, the more i like them. i think will go and try to hunt some down this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts