1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
x2 XP:)devil

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've done some beta testing here at work, one of the other teams is doing some testing with the official release. So far nobody's b!tchen. I might have to snag it off the network here and give it a try. :D

·
Been here a while
610 Posts
Been using it for about 4-5 months now. Its way better than Vista, not as fast as XP, but is more user friendly once you learn it.

·
boatless
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought this new laptop... Dell studio 17....with some serious power and memory....I dont even want to say what it costs..... but close to an Alien.
Anyways.... this Vista gives me errors all the time.... Im about done.
I was just wondering if Windows 7 would help.......

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Yep. Been using it for about 10 months now. I'm happy with it. Big performance improvement over vista. Looks about the same as Vista though.

·
boatless
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whateverrrrrr..... I just bought the Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade online to be shipped.... I couldnt handle the background music any longer!!!!
hope its worth it!!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I will use XP until there's no software left to support it.

Gotta love the ability to change the mac address...sweeeeet. Makes doing bad things to other people much easier.:D

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Will wait until I go back to work to buy Windows 7. Cant stand Vista.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Been on 7 since Beta. Do yourself a favor and do a clean install and don't just stick the disk in and upgrade the current install. Most problems are not fixed by an upgrade to the OS.

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Lemme check with our testers and see what they have found... Initial reports were good...

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Been on 7 since Beta. Do yourself a favor and do a clean install and don't just stick the disk in and upgrade the current install. Most problems are not fixed by an upgrade to the OS.
Egg-xactly...gonna wait until the New Year, then purchase a new box or laptop. One good thing I've heard is NO problems with external device hook-ups...:cool:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts