Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone on here is from around Appleton, Wisconsin. I can't remember seeing a jet boat around here for a long time now.

·
Mr. Potato Head
640 Posts
There are a few from Appleton/Green bay, I think the only one that posts on here is Del 51. They all pretty much hang at Shawano lake.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone on here is from around Appleton, Wisconsin. I can't remember seeing a jet boat around here for a long time now.
I live in Shawano & do most of our boating on Shawano Lake. As Yooper said, alot of the guys come here on the weekends. Really nice sandbar and bars all around the lake. Come on out. For you it would probably be easiest to put in at the Lighthouse Bar & Grill then head north out of the channel you will see the sandbar right away. Any questions just PM me or email me.

·
Mr. Potato Head
640 Posts
I live in Shawano & do most of our boating on Shawano Lake. As Yooper said, alot of the guys come here on the weekends. Really nice sandbar and bars all around the lake. Come on out. For you it would probably be easiest to put in at the Lighthouse Bar & Grill then head north out of the channel you will see the sandbar right away. Any questions just PM me or email me.
You forgot to tell him watch out for the noise nazi.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You forgot to tell him watch out for the noise nazi.
Noise nazi's are every where. If not, they will be after people complain about it:)bulb It's not that hard to get down to 86dB when they take away 2dB. Rob's was 89dB with no help from them. Those bassett baffles are pretty good. They are different then what Rondo is running. Hell, DOC was out there Saturday with his air boat (THAT IS LOUD). Lett'em push you around and they will keep pushing you around. You could easily run water to the collectors for $75.00 that would get you to pass.:)bulb

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I grew up on washington lake at my grampas cottege!!!
That is where I saw my first jet boat :)

I am hoping to be done with it by the middle of july and the first place I would like to run it is a little closer but then a trip to the shawano lake is in order!!

I have pics of the progress post in the jet boat section under "My first jet boat project is under way!

I have it painted now and I just rebuilt the jet this afternoon!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh ya noise Natzi I have no clue how loud it will be.

427 about 500 hp water cooled manifolds the 3" pipe up and over with return water from engine injected about 1.5' from end of exhaust.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Oh ya noise Natzi I have no clue how loud it will be.

427 about 500 hp water cooled manifolds the 3" pipe up and over with return water from engine injected about 1.5' from end of exhaust.
You will be fine for noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts