Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting bids for my house and want to know what appliances I should get. I don't want the most expensive, but something that looks and functions nice.

I am looking for stainless steel.

I am thinking GE Monogram separate ref and freezer. Any other suggestions?

I want a 60" dual range with ovens underneath (gas). Stainless hood as well.

Those are really the items I am killing myself over on which to buy. Anyone have any good knowledge or experience with these?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I have the Subzero Pro48 and Wolf 60" in my house. The Wolf has the french top, with the grill, and burners. If I was to do it again, I probably wouldn't get the french top. As far as the quality, haven't had any issues. The fridge maintains vegetables and such much better than the ones I've had in the past. The stove speaks for itself. Good luck.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am getting bids for my house and want to know what appliances I should get. I don't want the most expensive, but something that looks and functions nice.

Those are really the items I am killing myself over on which to buy. Anyone have any good knowledge or experience with these?

Thank you!

I have Wolf wolf 8 burner stove, stacked ovens and warming drawers and love them. For the fridge I have the 2 Sub Zero fridges with the pull out freezers underneath. Love them also. We looked at Dacor also but pulled the trigger on the wolf instead!

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
I found some Jenn-Air stuff that looks as "pro grade" as the other stuff of that nature, but with only one high power burner and some other differences which made it much more affordable than the other stuff, if you aren't looking for top of the line but want the "pro" look.

·
Registered
505 Posts
We have Kitchenaid built-in Fridge, double convection oven and seperate cook top. All have been flawless.

·
Hotboat Chupas
178 Posts

Thank you!
I would go viking or sub zero on the refer and fridge. do stand alone units in 30 inch each 30 inch refer 30 inch freezer, sub zero model # 601's. Go with bosch or asko dishwashers. Wolf has a really nice 60 inch range and oven set up. Personally i would get a 48inch cooktop and then get 36 inch double ovens. The mrs's will appreciate putting 2 sheet pans next to each other on one rack for cooking. But that 60 inch range and oven does look classy. Let me know if you want my appliance guys contacts to get prices on. I would get prices from az wholesale and westar. GO visit the subzero/wolf show room in scottsdale hayden and see what they got on closeout to save money.

Jeff

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
If you get the Wolf, make sure you get the grill. We have a 48" 6 burner with a grill. Wish I replaced two of the burners with the griddle. We use the grill twice a week, never have used more than 4 burners so it would have made since for us. Big convection oven works great and also having the smaller regular side comes in handy

TIP: if you get the grill (a must) buy a commercial type hood/blower with the roof mounted blower (2 speed). Also install a pot filler for the cook top.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
I went with Jen-Air 4 years ago on my kitchen remodel. Range, vent hood, seperate oven, dishwaher(it sucks), my refer is GE MONO. If I had to do it again I'd of gone with Viking throughout. I love all of our products except the dishwasher, never seems to clean as well as I think it should and its louder than the bosch(friend has it). I let my wife do all the shopping for these things I've got no patience.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks so far. I currently have all Jenn Air now in my home including the refer and I am not really impressed.

drtywhat, we are going to head to AZ Wholesale but I would love to talk to anyone else that can give some good prices. Give me a call or shoot me any info you can.

Thanks!

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
The GE Monogram's are great for the value -- that's what we are leaning towards. I have seen the two 36" frig and freezers in a few homes -- its soooo BIG in person. Something I learned -- I thought all built in refrigerators had separate compressors for the frig and freezer. I was wrong. Not all builts in are created the same. The Wolf and SubZeros ALL do have separate compressors.

Roln 20s

·
Damage Inc
433 Posts
The GE Monogram's are great for the value -- that's what we are leaning towards.
Do some homework first. The GE refridges have a motherboard that goes bad (search google). It is so common that our tech kept a few on his truck at all times. He told us that in Havasu he does a few a week!
It wasn't easy to get GE to warranty it.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The GE Monogram's are great for the value -- that's what we are leaning towards. I have seen the two 36" frig and freezers in a few homes -- its soooo BIG in person. Something I learned -- I thought all built in refrigerators had separate compressors for the frig and freezer. I was wrong. Not all builts in are created the same. The Wolf and SubZeros ALL do have separate compressors.

Roln 20s
Group buy??? :D

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.