Performance Boats Forum banner

Approx Boost

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  gunslinger 
#1 ·
Where can I get approx boost #'s for weiand 871. Never had a blower motor so it needs to be straight forward. Example... 57 tooth pulley top 59 bottom. I would like to be able to figure it out by top and bottom pulley sizes. Thanks

#2 ·
You should see 6-7 # at 6000rpms.

#4 ·
Get on the phone and call Weiand. They will need to know cubic inches, blower pulley sizes (number of teeth), and more about the blower. (Is it teflon stripped or not) Maybe more.

It seems each blower Mfg. has their own output numbers.

Then get a gauge to check the blower itself and see if you got good numbers. Their numbers will be ballpark numbers only.

#8 ·
Guess its more complicated than I thought. I was hoping for a chart that would give you a ball park figure on boost according to what pulley combo you used. Out of the box 871 Weiand blower, 496 bbc. If you had a shit load of pulleys laying around and wanted to mix and match to make adjustments, it would be cool to know approx boost. Im going to have to school myself on blown applications. Thanks fellas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.