Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recon I've bought a dozen homes.
I can't remember once where the title company didn't drop the ball, the paperwork was always a mess.

We applied and paid the upfront fees to Countrywide for a re-fi 2 months ago.
4.3% and knock about 10 years off the loan saving us well over $100K too.
My wife is much younger than me, I'm lining up her secure future.

Finally a knock at the front door at 4 pm. This is 2 months since we applied mind ya.
Our credit scores are max, our home appraised well over triple the loan amt.
It was a Notary with our loan Docs for us to sign.

Trouble was, the loan docs have expired the notary told us, and she left.

So damifino where we go to now?

·
Punk in Drublic
2,165 Posts
I can't remember once where the title company didn't drop the ball, the paperwork was always a mess.

Finally a knock at the front door at 4 pm. This is 2 months since we applied mind ya.

WTF?

·
Registered
66 Posts
..all except for ours!! Haha, little plug for your local All Valley/Ticor :D
I've heard some real horror stories about this going on, most ending with that smoking rate somehow not coming to the table in the end..this is a way for excuses to come, I hope that's not the case for you but if you need anything when the dust settles I can help you over to CFC (ours too!) if need be..

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Countrywide and B of A are doing a lot of loan volumes right now and you have to think with rates at historic lows the companies combined just on the west coast are doing from 700-900 apps a day! So from title companies to appraisers to underwritters is a big job right now. Granted you have great credit but now a days everyone that has not refinanced in a while who has the equity, and also has great credit is now refinancing... And with the new Obama plan to be able to refi up to 105% the two companies combined have over 85,000 reservations under the new plan. Closing timeframes now you are looking at 60-75 days.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
..all except for ours!! Haha, little plug for your local All Valley/Ticor :D
I've heard some real horror stories about this going on, most ending with that smoking rate somehow not coming to the table in the end..this is a way for excuses to come, I hope that's not the case for you but if you need anything when the dust settles I can help you over to CFC (ours too!) if need be..
thats why when they are applying for the loan they are told it is a conditional approval subject to verify income and loan to value and property value, and if the person doesnt meet the conditions then there rate can change thats when people giving the loan officer info they should give exact info when it comes to income and property value.

·
Registered
797 Posts

As most people are. :D:D;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
thats why when they are applying for the loan they are told it is a conditional approval subject to verify income and loan to value and property value, and if the person doesnt meet the conditions then there rate can change thats when people giving the loan officer info they should give exact info when it comes to income and property value.
..I wasn't talkin 'runnin numbers', I have seen some horrible stories beyond DU..

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just went through the same thing but they ended up resigning us. and then we ran the lock again and they covered the extended lock fee twice.. According to California law it becomes a legal obligation to fund when Documents are drawn, at least thats what I was told. Complaints are made to department of Corporations
http://www.corp.ca.gov/ .

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
Yes they are a mess but there are quite a few good ones still out there....it's all about who you know.

From your story, I'm not sure why this thread is titled the way it is? Doesn't sound like a title/escrow problem, it sounds like a mortgage company problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts