Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
1,074 Posts
And hey what better combination in a bar than guns and booze right? I bet those pettifoggin ambulance-chasin Communist lawyers are behind this. They need the work.

Stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

· It is what it is
2,580 Posts
If the bar has a sign that says no fire arms, you don't want to get caught with one on you.

That being said, you won't have to go lock your gun up in a car so you can have lunch or dinner in a place that serves alchohol. I like it. Not being able to take a gun a restaurant has been the biggest drawback of having a ccw IMO. Just because I don't like leaving it in my car in a parking lot.

· Registered
2,801 Posts
If the bar has a sign that says no fire arms, you don't want to get caught with one on you.

That being said, you won't have to go lock your gun up in a car so you can have lunch or dinner in a place that serves alchohol. I like it. Not being able to take a gun a restaurant has been the biggest drawback of having a ccw IMO. Just because I don't like leaving it in my car in a parking lot.

Exactly. Let's keep in mind if you have a CCW you've gone through a background check and are deemed responsible enough to be trusted with a firearm.

This is better than leaving my carry piece in my truck that can be opened up with a screwdriver or a rock.

As the law stood before this I couldn't take my ccw piece to Islands with me to have my birthday kona pie even though I was not drinking.

It's a good law. I hope they prosecute those who abuse this to the highest degree.

Gotta love AZ. :)hand

· "Try it Now!"
3,614 Posts
People in Cali get in fights in the bar, then go to their cars, get their guns, THEN to do all the shooting. At least a law like this in Cali would keep the shooting indoors, as not to cause a noise problem for people living nearby. ;)

· 32 DW X-CAT
2,266 Posts
California and New York are proof positive that gun control does not work.

How about swinging the pendulum the other way and provide CCW initiatives in California let more people carry and see what happens to the crime rate.

Story:
We were in Parker AZ at the Subway and a guy walks in with a Kimber 45 on his side and orders a sandwich. Talk about feeling comfortable if more people carry--- committing armed robbery or other crime will not be so attractive when you know you might just get smoked:).

Also in a bar if you know the other might be packing the cowboy courage level really goes down---on the converse side of that there are some crazy people on alcohol who just don't give a shit:mad:.

KAP
P.S. I love Arizona laws wish I wasn't tied to California financially.

· Registered
2,494 Posts
California and New York are proof positive that gun control does not work.

How about swinging the pendulum the other way and provide CCW initiatives in California let more people carry and see what happens to the crime rate.

Story:
We were in Parker AZ at the Subway and a guy walks in with a Kimber 45 on his side and orders a sandwich. Talk about feeling comfortable if more people carry--- committing armed robbery or other crime will not be so attractive when you know you might just get smoked:).

Also in a bar if you know the other might be packing the cowboy courage level really goes down---on the converse side of that there are some crazy people on alcohol who just don't give a shit:mad:.

KAP
P.S. I love Arizona laws wish I wasn't tied to California financially.
X2, same in most cities / counties in NV. The criminal eliment give it a second thought before acting if they see a one or a few law abiding citizens slinging a side arm...

· Registered
1,320 Posts
My CCW instructor explained to me the ways to get around all the signs and bars not allowing them on property........

#1 it's concealed , only you know its there unless you show it off.

#2 I can't read.......

#3 he is in the federal prison system now. Glad i didn't listen to him:)hand

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.