Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't want to do this but I want to warn others about a total rip off that occurred to me in LHC.

I just hung up from talking with Les at Arizona Reflections and I am pissed to the highest degree.

About 5 weeks ago I was in line to get my toons polished. When my turn in line came up I came out to LHC to drop my boat off to get this done. I was quoted $800. boat unseen to do the job. Dropped it off at Dave's house (sub for Les) and he told me it would be about a month. We BS'd a bit and I pleaded with him to get it back to me sooner than that. He said he would do the best he could.

In a few days Les calls me to get my credit card for payment. I asked him how much to do a complete detailing job over and beyond the pontoon polishing. He quoted me $325. for that. I said fine...do that also and gave him my credit card. Keep in mind these are two separate work items.

1) Polish the toons
2) Detail the boat

We are fine and off and running.....

Three weeks into it the boat is done so I run out from S CA to LHC to pick up the boat, run it back to BHC and then bonzai back to S CA. When I got there the toons looked great. Dave was there along with Les and I told them how good they looked. When I climbed up on the boat there was what I thought was an oil spot. I mentioned it to Les in front of Dave. The carpet was wet when I jumped up on there in my bare feet. Les indicated that the carpet was still wet as they detail the boat the day before it gets picked up.

Les: OH, that was there and it wouldn't come out
Me: I don't remember any oil spot on my carpet
Les: We didn't put it there but tried and it wouldn't come out
Me: What about my dog shit stain?
Les: We tried everything and it won't come out. Your only option is to replace that piece of vinyl.
Me: You guys do that kind of stuff?
Les: Sure, we can get you taken care of.

Dave and Les both mentioned to me that Dave had about 60 hours into polishing my toons. Also mentioned that anybody else would pay a lot more than I just did. I was cool with that :)

So....I was kind of in a rush and didn't really look the boat over too much. I hooked up, Les took some pics to use for publicity or whatever and I was on my way to BHC.

When I got home I started looking over the boat and I was like WTF! Water spots, trailer even has water spots on it, transom not cleaned, outdrive not cleaned, prop not cleaned, the strip around and above my toons wasn't cleaned and the carpet looked like shit in the sun. At this point I called my neighbor over to get his opinion. He is a boater and said the carpet could not have been cleaned. He also thought that the wool had been pulled over on me. He laughed at me when I told him I paid $325. for this cleaning job but he did agree that the toons looked great :).

I called Les and told him how unhappy I was. He again told me how many hours they had into cleaning my "filthy" boat. We had some choice words and he told me their reputation is beyond question. I got a little aggressive with him and told him that I expect something done about it. He offered me another detailing at half off. Why would I want to pay 1.5 times for one friggin' detailing job???? He then said he would credit me $75. and would provide a "wash" at no charge if and when I was ever in LHC and needed one. I said I would consider it and get back to him.

In the meantime I sent a PM to Carey and wanted him to jump in and try to be a go-between. Carey was willing to do that but I decided to just lug my big ass carpet cleaner out to BHC and run it on the carpet. If the carpet was dirty to me it means they fucked me and never did anything more than a wipe down.

Well I just ran my carpet cleaner down the middle of my carpet in two areas. THE WATER IS A FILTHY BROWN AND THE "OIL" SPOT CAME RIGHT UP. Obviously nobody cleaned my carpet! Isn't that part of the deal when you PAY FOR A COMPLETE DETAIL?

So....I just got off the phone with Les and I very loudly told him the deal. I expect no DEMAND he credit me the $325. because they never did do what I paid them to do. He again offered the $75. credit. At that point I lost it and told him to go F off. I would be putting this up on PB and contacting the BBB or whatever business watchdog LHC has.

This is BS! I am going to say this loud and clear!

Arizona Reflections put a lot of time into my toons....much more than they expected and I even gave them positive comments about that on another thread. So.....Les thought they would make up for it by totally ripping me off for a PAID IN FULL COMPLETE DETAIL WHICH THEY DID NOT DO!

You guys know me and know that I am a stand up guy. For those of you that don't I can understand you not wanting to take my word for this. You can use anybody you want obviously but Arizona Reflections or Les if you will, RIPPED ME OFF AND WON'T MAKE IT RIGHT. He tells me they did a fine job on my boat while I stand with a filthy bucket of water in front of me :(

I have pictures and have a bucket of dirty water to show anybody that wants to see it. I told Les this and he blew me off with this $75. credit BS.

Mark from SO CAL DETAIL gave me some stuff to try to get the shit stain out of my vinyl. I forgot it in CA and will try it next week. I would not be surprised at all if that shit stain comes out in no time.

STAY AWAY FROM ARIZONA REFLECTIONS AKA LES UNLESS YOU WANT TO POSSIBLY BE BLANTLY RIPPED OFF LIKE I WAS.

LES: It is obvious YOU did not do what you were paid to do. So...that being the case just call me and credit the amount of $325. on my credit card and we can be done with this. At that point I will take that money and pay someone to actually DETAIL my boat for me.

I guess this is my oil stain:

This is after one run by my carpet cleaner:

This is the bucket of water after a quick run down the middle. Lots of sand/dirt came up. Best pic I can get with this cell phone. Don't you think if your capet was clean that much dirt should not come up?:

G

·
I don't want to do this but I want to warn others about a total rip off that occurred to me in LHC.

I just hung up from talking with Les at Arizona Reflections and I am pissed to the highest degree.

About 5 weeks ago I was in line to get my toons polished. When my turn in line came up I came out to LHC to drop my boat off to get this done. I was quoted $800. boat unseen to do the job. Dropped it off at Dave's house (sub for Les) and he told me it would be about a month. We BS'd a bit and I pleaded with him to get it back to me sooner than that. He said he would do the best he could.

In a few days Les calls me to get my credit card for payment. I asked him how much to do a complete detailing job over and beyond the pontoon polishing. He quoted me $325. for that. I said fine...do that also and gave him my credit card. Keep in mind these are two separate work items.

1) Polish the toons
2) Detail the boat

We are fine and off and running.....

Three weeks into it the boat is done so I run out from S CA to LHC to pick up the boat, run it back to BHC and then bonzai back to S CA. When I got there the toons looked great. Dave was there along with Les and I told them how good they looked. When I climbed up on the boat there was what I thought was an oil spot. I mentioned it to Les in front of Dave. The carpet was wet when I jumped up on there in my bare feet. Les indicated that the carpet was still wet as they detail the boat the day before it gets picked up.

Les: OH, that was there and it wouldn't come out
Me: I don't remember any oil spot on my carpet
Les: We didn't put it there but tried and it wouldn't come out
Me: What about my dog shit stain?
Les: We tried everything and it won't come out. Your only option is to replace that piece of vinyl.
Me: You guys do that kind of stuff?
Les: Sure, we can get you taken care of.

Dave and Les both mentioned to me that Dave had about 60 hours into polishing my toons. Also mentioned that anybody else would pay a lot more than I just did. I was cool with that :)

So....I was kind of in a rush and didn't really look the boat over too much. I hooked up, Les took some pics to use for publicity or whatever and I was on my way to BHC.

When I got home I started looking over the boat and I was like WTF! Water spots, trailer even has water spots on it, transom not cleaned, outdrive not cleaned, prop not cleaned, the strip around and above my toons wasn't cleaned and the carpet looked like shit in the sun. At this point I called my neighbor over to get his opinion. He is a boater and said the carpet could not have been cleaned. He also thought that the wool had been pulled over on me. He laughed at me when I told him I paid $325. for this cleaning job but he did agree that the toons looked great :).

I called Les and told him how unhappy I was. He again told me how many hours they had into cleaning my "filthy" boat. We had some choice words and he told me their reputation is beyond question. I got a little aggressive with him and told him that I expect something done about it. He offered me another detailing at half off. Why would I want to pay 1.5 times for one friggin' detailing job???? He then said he would credit me $75. and would provide a "wash" at no charge if and when I was ever in LHC and needed one. I said I would consider it and get back to him.

In the meantime I sent a PM to Carey and wanted him to jump in and try to be a go-between. Carey was willing to do that but I decided to just lug my big ass carpet cleaner out to BHC and run it on the carpet. If the carpet was dirty to me it means they fucked me and never did anything more than a wipe down.

Well I just ran my carpet cleaner down the middle of my carpet in two areas. THE WATER IS A FILTHY BROWN AND THE "OIL" SPOT CAME RIGHT UP. Obviously nobody cleaned my carpet! Isn't that part of the deal when you PAY FOR A COMPLETE DETAIL?

So....I just got off the phone with Les and I very loudly told him the deal. I expect no DEMAND he credit me the $325. because they never did do what I paid them to do. He again offered the $75. credit. At that point I lost it and told him to go F off. I would be putting this up on PB and contacting the BBB or whatever business watchdog LHC has.

This is BS! I am going to say this loud and clear!

Arizona Reflections put a lot of time into my toons....much more than they expected and I even gave them positive comments about that on another thread. So.....Les thought they would make up for it by totally ripping me off for a PAID IN FULL COMPLETE DETAIL WHICH THEY DID NOT DO!

You guys know me and know that I am a stand up guy. For those of you that don't I can understand you not wanting to take my word for this. You can use anybody you want obviously but Arizona Reflections or Les if you will, RIPPED ME OFF AND WON'T MAKE IT RIGHT. He tells me they did a fine job on my boat while I stand with a filthy bucket of water in front of me :(

I have pictures and have a bucket of dirty water to show anybody that wants to see it. I told Les this and he blew me off with this $75. credit BS.

Mark from SO CAL DETAIL gave me some stuff to try to get the shit stain out of my vinyl. I forgot it in CA and will try it next week. I would not be surprised at all if that shit stain comes out in no time.

STAY AWAY FROM ARIZONA REFLECTIONS AKA LES UNLESS YOU WANT TO POSSIBLY BE BLANTLY RIPPED OFF LIKE I WAS.

LES: It is obvious YOU did not do what you were paid to do. So...that being the case just call me and credit the amount of $325. on my credit card and we can be done with this. At that point I will take that money and pay someone to actually DETAIL my boat for me.

Tom,

This sucks big time. Hope you get it resolved.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also forgot my good camera in CA but have pics taken with my cell phone. Let me go take a pic of the bucket of water and see how that one comes out.

Be back in a bit

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Sounds like you got a bad deal............you should post the pic's.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Tom,

I will be in town next Wed or Thurs.

John
I will save the bucket of water....lol Seriously

I tried the pic of the bucket of water but it isn't going to come out to good. I need to get a better camera. Maybe my neighbor is home. I will get the pics up at some point. I will edit my first post so they are there as soon as I can

·
Trailer Trash Queen
1,591 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. We were just discussing calling them to have them come detail the boat and the trailer. Ummmm, not now!

Thanks for posting that and again, sorry to hear that happened to you. Hopefully they'll do the right thing and refund your money.:)hand

G

·
I will save the bucket of water....lol Seriously

I tried the pic of the bucket of water but it isn't going to come out to good. I need to get a better camera. Maybe my neighbor is home. I will get the pics up at some point. I will edit my first post so they are there as soon as I can
To me there is little worse than some claiming to have completed a task when they really didn't.

Hope you are able to get a good picture of the dirty water, for all to see.

JM

·
Slow Learner
909 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. We were just discussing calling them to have them come detail the boat and the trailer. Ummmm, not now!

Thanks for posting that and again, sorry to hear that happened to you. Hopefully they'll do the right thing and refund your money.:)hand
Too bad people/business owners don't realize this and take care of it...

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Honestly everybody....I did not want to do this but Les knew I was going to. He took a hard stance and really left me no recourse.

He isn't worried about any of this because he knows they have a reputation that is way above question.

Oh well.......................

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I usually detail my own boat. Keeping it in Havi stopped that as I'd rather be on the water vs. cleaning and waxing. Hired some gut out there to detail it. Pretty scary for me. Guy did the deed and and din't even want money till after I went over it the following weekend. Needless to say, it was sparkling. During PM's or phone he mentioned that the transom wasn't as clean as he'd liked it to have been. Still not sure what he meant as white doesn't get any whiter than what he did. Great job and great business practice. I trusted him to do a good job and he trusted me for the money. Thanks Again Big Doug.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like you got a bad deal............you should post the pic's.
Posted up top now

I wouldn't use them. Not after what I just went thru. We will see going forward but I suspect now it is just two pissed off guys one being Les and one being me....lol I tried to remind him that I am the customer. Paid in good faith for services that were not provided as discussed and paid for up front.

The toons get no respect......

That really sucks though - I can imagine how pissed off I would be if that happened to me.
You are right about that respect thing but I expected that...lol

If you have ever gotten a boat detailed--and I have many times--you expect a certain level of detail cleaning. Not a wipe down. Thats all I got. Since the carpet wasn't actually cleaned I wonder why it was wet? Either it was outside in the rain or someone sprayed it with water to make it seem like it was cleaned. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

To me there is little worse than some claiming to have completed a task when they really didn't.

Hope you are able to get a good picture of the dirty water, for all to see.

JM
That is exactly what I am certain happened John.

Too bad people/business owners don't realize this and take care of it...
Sometimes I guess it becomes a personal issue. I could have used some better language but I am not an idiot. I know what happened and went in attack mode. This was after trying to talk about it the first time. For two weeks (when I would bring my cleaaner back with me) I stewed about this. Then when cleaning the carpet I just went ballistic.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I usually detail my own boat. Keeping it in Havi stopped that as I'd rather be on the water vs. cleaning and waxing. Hired some gut out there to detail it. Pretty scary for me. Guy did the deed and and din't even want money till after I went over it the following weekend. Needless to say, it was sparkling. During PM's or phone he mentioned that the transom wasn't as clean as he'd liked it to have been. Still not sure what he meant as white doesn't get any whiter than what he did. Great job and great business practice. I trusted him to do a good job and he trusted me for the money. Thanks Again Big Doug.
I brought up Dougs and Marks names as people who have detailed for me before and was always happy with their jobs. He wasn't impressed. The thing is that I know what a detailing consists of and this wasn't it!

By the way....I have never had to pay up front for this kind of stuff. My mistake was not checking it all out before I pulled away from their shop. If I was located in LHC I would have brought it right back to them. I am located up in BHC. It isn't the easiest thing for me to be running my boat back-forth. My bad

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience but appreciate you posting it. I really appreciate all the advice I read on this board. Having a second home in Havasu kind of puts you at the mercy of some of the business people since you're not around to ck. on their work or to know who does good vs. sub par work.

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
Great story.

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience but appreciate you posting it. I really appreciate all the advice I read on this board. Having a second home in Havasu kind of puts you at the mercy of some of the business people since you're not around to ck. on their work or to know who does good vs. sub par work.
These boards really are a great resource for just about anything.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.