Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about a boat raffle for my southwind tunnel dragster minus motor, this would be held Memorial Weekend Throwdown @ Da Cove on sat if we meet the minimum 60 tickets if not we would raffle it off at the next event or when we reach the minimum 60 tickets. out of state is welcome and would be responsible for pickup or shipping.

How about 60 tickets minimum at 100.00 each

This can be done in person or PayPal if sent through personal or cover there fee, or check.

any ? call Robert Andersen at 713 208 7447 thanks

details on the boat

super nice southwind tunnel dragster has berk pump with A imp,droop,nozzle insert,bbc rail kit,autometer carbon fiber tach and gps speedo,oil ,water guages, custom built gas tank , inside of boat has been smoothed and painted,fiberglass seats with snap in covers,msd 6 al box, custom built trailer with led lights,

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
I could possibly be interested in the raffle, but what happens if the raffle never meets the number you are looking for? What is the guarantee that the money will be returned if the boat doesn't meet the raffle amount?

·
Without a boat
978 Posts
That's a forcefull way to sell a boat that you can't get sold. Raffles don't just drag on til you meet the money in your pocket you desire :))ThumbsDwn

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
That's a forcefull way to sell a boat that you can't get sold. Raffles don't just drag on til you meet the money in your pocket you desire :))ThumbsDwn
There are state laws pertaining to raffles. One of them is that there must be a date stated pertaining to when a name or winning number will be drawn.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
boat raffle

nothing is set in stone yet it was just something that i wanted to tryout if there was enough interest. has nothing to do with me not being able to sell the boat. we are having an event down here in tx and thought it would be pretty cool to raffle of there,but looks like its not going to happen.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Robert, you may want to either go very low key on it or check the legality of it. Don't want to see any of my boating friends get into trouble. Especially someone that I buy parts from occasionally. :D

"Examples of unlawful raffles include any raffle that is:

conducted by an individual
conducted by a for profit business
conducted by a charity that does not qualify"

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/alerts/alerts_view_alpha.php?id=58&type=1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.