Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Not the best time to strike in my opnion. AT&T shouldnt have an issue finding replacements if they wanted to.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
AT&T = Bunch of idiots, unemployment rate is going up every day and they want to push for more money...timing is everything and this is not the time to try to push for more money or beni's ..let them strike.......lots of people out of work that can do just as good a job as they do for probably less $$...

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Know lots of managers currently in training...some in Columbus, OH...to get ready to do the jobs of the union folks. They are gearing up for a fight.

I am glad I left that place a long time ago. Started with AT&T and with so many circles and so forth they ended up back as AT&T....lol

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I know plenty of people that would jump at the ooportunity to replace the striking workers. Hell Home depot just laid off 7000 employees with mroe to come, I have laid off over 600 in the last 6 months.

Idiots!!

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
So is the union telling them to strike?
Can't speak for the union. Management is getting prepared and my sister who is non-management has also been preparing to strike for a couple of years now.

If the union is smart they will settle this thing and not go out.....I have been out before but was young and times were different. It was basically a party. Not anymore. This could put many people right over the edge financially and it will be hard to come back from it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can't speak for the union. Management is getting prepared and my sister who is non-management has also been preparing to strike for a couple of years now.

If the union is smart they will settle this thing and not go out.....I have been out before but was young and times were different. It was basically a party. Not anymore. This could put many people right over the edge financially and it will be hard to come back from it.

Most non-management is not in support of the strike. $200 a week isn't enough for anyone to live off of.

I don't think the union will settle it. In fact I think the union WANTS to strike to prove a point. Unfortunately it's members do not.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Dont wish anyone to get laid off or fired but if they strike they deserve it.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Given the competition in the telecommunications industry, this may be a great time to put out an ad for non-union workers and discontinue discussions with those asking for more than they already have negotiated for.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
what point is that... lets cut off our nose to spite our own face.... :D:p

sad really...

hopefully their membership gets to vote... and the votes ACTUALLY count ;)

I don't think the union will settle it. In fact I think the union WANTS to strike to prove a point. Unfortunately it's members do not.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I hope they strike. Then fire all their butts and hire replacements that would work there butts off just to keep their jobs.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hope they strike. Then fire all their butts and hire replacements that would work there butts off just to keep their jobs.
Except for the fact that most of the employees are being forced to strike..... I don't know anyone who voted in favor of the strike.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts