Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about dropping Directv and going to AT&T Uverse. Anyone else switch and is it worth it? Right now I have Directv HD DVR in one room, regular Directv in the master bedroom and basic cable in two other rooms and cable internet. I am paying $76 for Directv and $66 for cable where AT&T would be $94 for everything. Any thoughts??

·
Next to this Hottie.
2,234 Posts
I had the same deal as you with cable, after I canceled the cable TV, I was still able to get basic cable, so three rooms in my house have basic cable. Guess the cable company never sent out a guy to put a filter on the cable TV part cause I have been getting basic cable now for 9 years for free. I called them several times about it but they did nothing, all they did was to make sure I was not being billed for cable TV.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
It's a good deal, I did my homework on it and the package works for my life style. Phone, DSL, and Sat just over $100.00. The freakin thing isn't available in my area yet. :mad:

·
Registered
132 Posts
We signed up for it about 3 months ago and we love it. HD on all my TV's can record TV and watch it from any of the sets and can go on line and tell it what to record from any computer.:)devil We have all the movie channels and still pay less then what we were for Direct TV with no movie channels

·
Steady Rollin
1,152 Posts
I was happy with it for the most part. I ended up canceling it due to the speeds of their internet were not up to par with what I was seeing with cable.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I was happy with it for the most part. I ended up canceling it due to the speeds of their internet were not up to par with what I was seeing with cable.
What speeds did you have? I have AT&T DSL Elite now and its pretty damn fast at up to 6 mb per second. Supposedly the fiberoptic DSL is quite a bit faster too.

I'm getting ready to switch from Dish Network to Uverse.

·
Steady Rollin
1,152 Posts
We have to keep in mind real world speeds vs quoted speeds.

U-Verse Max 10mb d 1.5mb u
RoadRunner Extreme 12 or 15mb d and 2mb u

From my real world test ( I had both connections setup for 2 months while I compared ) I found that I was able to pull around 800-1000 KB/s from the U-Verse setup, while from my TimeWarner RoadRunner setup I am able to pull a solid 1.8-2 MB/s. Also its fair to note that the upload speeds from U-verse were also 20-30% less as well. I was seeing a solid 65 KB/s up where with roadrunner I would see 85-90 KB/s up.

Both tests were done over multiple times of day over multiple days. They were also done on different sites (easynews.com and my works connect which is an OC-12)

SOOOOO... 99% of people would LOVE U-verse's package, it just was not equal to or greater then what i'm rocking now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing negative so it sounds good, just a little nervous since I had Directv for the past 10 years. I do like the idea of being able to watch recorded shows from any other tv in the house.

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Since I'm a stockholder I think you should get it.:p

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thinking about dropping Directv and going to AT&T Uverse. Anyone else switch and is it worth it? Right now I have Directv HD DVR in one room, regular Directv in the master bedroom and basic cable in two other rooms and cable internet. I am paying $76 for Directv and $66 for cable where AT&T would be $94 for everything. Any thoughts??

FYI, you might end up back with DirecTv:)grn

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7012459329

Dallas, TX (AHN) - AT&T Inc. and DirecTV Inc. announced Saturday that they have agreed on a deal that would allow AT&T to market and distribute DirecTV's service as a co-branded satellite television service starting February next year.

The satellite TV service will be included in AT&T's Advanced TV video products and replaces an agreement with Dish Network, which expires on January 31, 2009.

AT&T had indicated this summer that it will not renew its contract with Dish. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Customers will gain access to DirectTV programming packages and discounts for bundling wireless, television, home phone and broadband services with AT&T

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
I had the same deal as you with cable, after I canceled the cable TV, I was still able to get basic cable, so three rooms in my house have basic cable. Guess the cable company never sent out a guy to put a filter on the cable TV part cause I have been getting basic cable now for 9 years for free. I called them several times about it but they did nothing, all they did was to make sure I was not being billed for cable TV.
And you have a quilty consious about splitting Direct TV with someone else. :D

·
Next to this Hottie.
2,234 Posts
Nothing negative so it sounds good, just a little nervous since I had Directv for the past 10 years. I do like the idea of being able to watch recorded shows from any other tv in the house.
I would suggest you suspend not cancel your DTV, that way if you want to come back for any reason, you would still have the benefits of a long time customer.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well ordered AT&T today and have an installation date on the 30th. They say it could take up to 6 hours to install. I will update everyone how it goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts