Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Trick Flow 557
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the man to port some Blue Thunder Cylinder Heads?? Dennis I sent you a PM. Trying to get ahold of you. Hit me up.

·
Boat 502
1,298 Posts
Whats up Sammy ! Lem Evans or Kaase would be some good guys to call. Lem is a big reason I made my power numbers.

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
I would suggest to contact Paul (Lakesonly) from High Flow Dynamics.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
I'd highly recommend my friend Geoff Mummert 619-596-0312. He eats,sleeps and breathes Ford's and Airflow. He is a young guy and has had a flow bench for years. He re-worked my A-460 FordMotorsport heads. He did the head's on 3 Engine Master's engines for Dan Crower. When Bruce Crower told me he was impressed with Geoff's work that was enough for me.

He'll do a good job for you, but be aware, he is a perfectionist but not expensive.

Also there are a few guy's on here (Performanceboats) that you may want to support. I just don't know them.

Sleeper CP

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Steve bronson at BPE racing heads he has a website that guy is the man. if you go on the site then go under projects he did those and let me tell you they worked pretty darn good.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Steve bronson at BPE racing heads he has a website that guy is the man. if you go on the site then go under projects he did those and let me tell you they worked pretty darn good.
Second that, Steve does all my head work and has for years. He knows his chit.

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
On the blue thunders the only critcal area is there is a "certain" exhaust radius that needs attention that offers dramatic improvement ;)

·
Banned
540 Posts
:D:D
Who is the man to port some Blue Thunder Cylinder Heads?? Dennis I sent you a PM. Trying to get ahold of you. Hit me up.
Hi. Didn't get the p.m., but I'll be here all afternoon today. Call me at 951-763-9765. I have both types we talked about in stock.

Dennis :D

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I'd highly recommend my friend Geoff Mummert 619-596-0312. He eats,sleeps and breathes Ford's and Airflow. He is a young guy and has had a flow bench for years. He re-worked my A-460 FordMotorsport heads. He did the head's on 3 Engine Master's engines for Dan Crower. When Bruce Crower told me he was impressed with Geoff's work that was enough for me.

He'll do a good job for you, but be aware, he is a perfectionist but not expensive.

Also there are a few guy's on here (Performanceboats) that you may want to support. I just don't know them.

Sleeper CP
+1 Especially when it comes to BLUE THUNDER heads. Their shop has a close relationship with Blue Thunder, and constantly are being sent 1/4 of chopped up aluminum heads to try out, port, and experiment with...

I would definetly say Geoff is the go to guy for Blue Thunder Heads

·
Registered
557 Posts
Charlie Evans hands down. He even does all of Kassee (sp?) work.

270-685-4654

Ken

·
Banned
540 Posts

Didn't know you wanted to spend $$$$ on your Heads, but if you do, I'd send them to CFE(Carl Foltz), or Cary at ET Performance.

A lot of the shops mentioned by others,(above), do just that.

Remember, these Heads will flow what we discussed. No need to send them anywhere out of So Cal. There are some people around here that can port these to the numbers we talked about and get 1.7-1.8 hp per cubic inch out of the build.

Just my opinion, since I was asked to contact you. Good luck with whomever you select, and see you at the River.

RR :D

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm sure there are a few very good Ford head porters out there but i have known Charlie Evens and had him do my head work for a few years now and i've always got my stuff back on budget and on time as promised by Charlie and the work is second to none. :D

·
Registered
854 Posts
1.7-1.8hp per cubic inch on BT heads????? Those are good numbers for nicely ported A460 heads. Thats 925.2 hp on a 514ci. @1.8 and a little over a 1002 hp on a 557!:)bulb I'd hate to know how much money you would have to spend on a set of BT heads to make that much power.:) I would think that 1.5 hp per cubic inch would be alot more realistic goal. Thats still 771hp on a 514, in the real world thats alot of power from a standard port head. Good luck.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Flucky, I'd agree with you. I'm getting 1.4 with my deal, but I'm only @ 10/1 on 93.

Ken

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Didn't know you wanted to spend $$$$ on your Heads, but if you do, I'd send them to CFE(Carl Foltz), or Cary at ET Performance.

A lot of the shops mentioned by others,(above), do just that.

Remember, these Heads will flow what we discussed. No need to send them anywhere out of So Cal. There are some people around here that can port these to the numbers we talked about and get 1.7-1.8 hp per cubic inch out of the build.

Just my opinion, since I was asked to contact you. Good luck with whomever you select, and see you at the River.

RR :D
"What we discussed"? Is this some kind of "top secret" special priority/knowledge information?? Do you guys have a secret handshake? :p
That's pretty optomistic for any OEM style BBF head. On a small engine at relatively low rpm maybe. Remember though, it's not just the head flow that makes HP.

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
1.7-1.8hp per cubic inch on BT heads????? Those are good numbers for nicely ported A460 heads. Thats 925.2 hp on a 514ci. @1.8 and a little over a 1002 hp on a 557!:)bulb I'd hate to know how much money you would have to spend on a set of BT heads to make that much power.:) I would think that 1.5 hp per cubic inch would be alot more realistic goal. Thats still 771hp on a 514, in the real world thats alot of power from a standard port head. Good luck.
Like I said in my above post, You;re right...those heads aren't going to suport that kind of HP in that big of an engine, but in something under 500ci, thay can. The ex port on those heads is still the weak point, no matter who ports them.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts