Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Billy tried to PM you but no workey.....

Eric H is (or was) working in Ohio at a carbon fiber shop. Eric cut the deck off the Rain Maker to turn it into a carbon fiber capsule boat. The shop had a big fire and the boat may have been damaged???? I heard it's covered in all kinds of shit.
The police are pretty sure it was a arson job and the place is sealed off. Eric can't get to the boat or his soaking wet tools. Tool boxes are filled with water. The owners are telling him there's no insurance to cover the boat, not sure about his tools?
Thought I would let you know.

Jim

·
Registered
461 Posts
Was this the boat Eric was intending on racing this year? Last year he drove for Roger Cabana. How did you hear about this? I have Erics e-mail if required.

Brian

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Dam, absolutely terrible news.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
That sucks. Have you heard anymore on this Jim? And thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was this the boat Eric was intending on racing this year? Last year he drove for Roger Cabana. How did you hear about this? I have Erics e-mail if required.

Brian
If Roger Cabana is the guy from PA?????? yes, he is driving for him.

Let me see today if I can get more info.

Jim

·
Registered
461 Posts
Found out today that he is driving for George Zabady this season, Showboat PS 555, according to the guy I drive for, also heard he bought Dave Woods boat.

Brian

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the name Can Am, that's the name I couldn't remember.
You are right, George did buy Dave Wood's boat.

Update on the Rain Maker, it's out of the factory and although dirty is un damaged other than the deck was cut off!!!!!

Jim

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 11 of 11 Posts