Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure many of you fellow PBers in norcal have frequented this joint , if you have in the past 40+ years , then you know ROD ! he has been a good friend to many people and never met a stranger in his life ! im sad to say that ROD has left us last monday the 26th , this is quite a shock and he will be missed , im waiting for service location and time , i will post asap if any are interested ! brad h .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Was Rod the Poor Reds "greeter"??? Never knew him by name but been there a few times and was always met by a smiling guy outside the front door always welcoming everyone into the establishment....

Will be missed!

RIP kind soul!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paul , ROD was a tender there for 40+ years , bug eyed with slick back hair ! funny story here ,i had been going there for a few years , then i went on my 21st b day , guy just shook his head and said "the usual " . he hasnt been there for a couple years in the recent due to health issues

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Where is Poor Red's ?

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
Is that the place in Placerville??? Always wanted to drop in there.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reds

it is in eldorado county , just west of placerville .

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Oh that guy!... Never remember people by name, but everyone at PR seems to be friendly.

Poor Red's is actually in Diamond Springs right where Hwy 49 turns right (coming from Plymouth) onto Pleasant Valley Rd and continues on to Placerville. Cant miss it...

PR.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts