August 10-Holloway reservoir

8K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  Deweydaddy 
#1 ·
:drinkin::bananadance::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

#11 ·
Lets see some pics of that beauty.

#3 ·
Headed to Holloway

Just thought I would see if a big group is coming to town this weekend . We are staying Thurs. to Sunday and booked a site to see some cool rigs. This is my first post since joining here and will be out in my Checkmate enjoying whats left of the summer. See you there. Jeff

#7 ·
Same here and proabley the same officer. She is not a DNR officer anymore she now works for Genesee County Parks as a ranger so she is gone:partyguy:.

we will be there early on the Columbiaville side at Zimmer park. Going to grab a beach area that has a picnic table and has a flat streach of beach. Brandon and myself will have a small grill,hot dogs, brats,chips,and hot passes. If you want to bring a dish to pass or snacks it would be great.

#10 ·
Zimmer park is over on the Columbiaville side where the old drag racing course was. Can launch in Columbiaville but it has no dock but its free as you will have to pay at the Walleye Pike launch off Henderson Rd.
Want to be there around 9 due to if it is a nice day the good spots will be gone soon. I will try to hog as much of the beach as i can.

#17 ·
Zemmer is on the Columbiaville side of Holloway. You can launch still at the Waleye Pike launch off Henderson rd and go east to the Mt. Morris rd bridge where it becomes no wake. Follow the river and it will take you there. Can launch in Columbiaville but no dock and is rustic site. Google Columbiaville and the lake is right there. Water is usually calmer over ther and less traffic.

#18 ·
Well before the embarrassing pics come up I want to thank everyone who helped and put the effort into getting my boat,up off the nice sandy beach ,great day with truly a bunch that stand out as upstanding members and as people in general ,next time its pointy side out...thanks to all my back is killin me man that's heavylifting :))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

#19 ·
Great meeting a great group of people today, had a blast hanging and seeing all the boats. sad to report that with all the issues i had with the checkmate during the day i had more on the way back. it got back up on plane and ran fine, But we burnt up the exhaust rubber and the motor over heated on the way to the docks, back to chasing issues.

#22 ·
Great day on the water couldn't ask for better weather, and better people. It was great seeing you all cant wait for the next one. I didn't get to run it like i wanted to. But I think i figured my water in the oil issue. I have a super cobra jet intake on a stock heads. They don't line up right. I will pull the intake off and take a look.

Leroy

#31 ·
Great time

Hey guys and gals,
Sandy and I had a great time..... Her first meet, my first in a couple seasons.....what a nice turn out....truly grateful to be associated with a bunch of great peeps and performance boaters!!!!!!! Nice turn out of some very nice hotrods!!!!! I'll post a few picks soon.....ps...Ken, I was wondering what all the commotion was going on down by your boat....( I was down by the food ):wink2:....glad you got it drained......was a scary moment for sure....thanks for the sand spike....I owe you a few bucks when we meet up again.....Dewey

#35 ·
Had a great time, great weather, great people,great kids, and great food. Met new people that i hope to see again soon. Thanks to all who brought and made the food and to Deweydaddy for getting the young adults interested in our sport.
Lets do it again!

Attachments

#36 ·
No doubt about that.....all great kids.....the future of our sport!!!!! There was one lil feller near the end of the day I didn't get to take for a ride.....I was beat,,, please have him approach me next time.....I owe you a ride!!!! :D

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.