Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an attempt to raise the standards of our sport, not to mention a few eyebrows with drivers ,crews and the APBA, our team (Bloomfield Racing)in conjunction with Evercraft Boats in Australia and Kenner Racing has decided to take a pro-active stance on all the discussions and arguments concerning capsule designed boats.
We are shipping two 6 liter boats to the States with hopefully more to follow shortly afterwards. They will be used to showcase the advances in technology, design and above all, safety that already exist right under our noses with these proven boat designs and with luck help to change peoples views on the whole capsule concept.
We will race them under existing UIM 6 liter sanction rules and also hopefully under an APBA waiver
Some of us racers who are NOT politicians and are sick of watching people get hurt needlessly have decided to take the bull by the horns and just 'DO IT'!
I'm sure there will be a number of 'Nay sayers' and plenty of obstacles, but hopefully many of you in the race community wherever you are will see this as a real opportunity and positive step and wish to support our efforts by either making yourself heard with the APBA regarding rule changes or by joining us in promoting safety awareness in all aspects of our sport, whether it be directed at Boat design technology, driver training, boat inspections, rescue/first response, race promoters duties and of course...bringing enough 6 liter's here to race a full class so people can SEE first hand why we need to raise our game to the standards of other countries and other types of Motorsports.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:))THumbsUp. Post a vid and some pictures
There are quite a lot of pictures and videos at 'Evercraft Boats' facebook page, but we will add more shortly of the first boat being built in the vacuum mold and assembly afterwards

·
Registered
875 Posts
👏👏👏👏 Stepping up and doing it rather than flapping gums is what made these men CHAMPIONS in the first place. I for one applaud your efforts and wish you the best of luck!👍👍👍

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think you will be very happy with Malcolm's boat and knowledge. Malcolm is one of the premier boat builders in Austrailia. Most of his riggings now are using many Bergeron parts, and Casale v-drives. I hope this all works out for you Ade. I believe it is a good thing going forward.Not quite sure how the English and the Aussie will understand each other though? Oh I forgot you have that Wanker Kenner teaching you Aussie slang. lol Good Luck Again!
I'm very excited for this deal.
Larry Hamilton

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Ade , great meeting you at Folsom this past year, and awesome to hear that your guys are stepping up to try and make something happen with this great 'sport'.

The Aussy 6 liters look like some exciting racing! .... hope it can benefit all going forward. :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Registered
20,026 Posts
that was really exciting to watch ..the red and blue boat are insane to watch and turn on a dime :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
391 Posts
The Boat bottoms definitely have a more forgiving bottom and better design overall. By the looks, a spin out would seem more likely than a full out roll over. Great video's. Those guys were letting loose for sure!
The winner in vid2 looked to have a full set up with oxygen and all. Very nice boats. Good for you guys !

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can't commend & thank Ade enough on taking a step outside the box and actually making this a reality. This is going to be a very cool deal and something we are very excited for. Let's do this :)devil

2012 UHPBC Spectacular - Chris Pugsley VS Chris Hearne - YouTube

HOLY SH*T!!!:))eek:))

Hi all,

Thankyou for all your kind comments. My family owns the red boat in the video and this is probably the best race we ever had. Yes in answer to someones question, Sacrifice is powered by a Roush Yates NASCAR engine and is the current 6 litre world champion and speed record holder at just over 130mph.
Anyways, the two boats in this video are 18'6 enclosed capsule evercrafts and at the time this was taken both had Nationwide Series Dodge Mopar engines.

There isn't really more I can add on as Ade has summed it up perfectly, but if anyone wishes to keep up to date on our side of things, news on this USA deal in the works, new boats in the build, and general Aussie racing, I maintain a Facebook page on behalf of Malcolm Everingham and Evercraft Boats, which you can find at

Evercraft boats

Kind Regards,

Tony.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry just noticed people asking for pictures and videos.
Here are a few more videos of the Evercraft's getting around today, not many people know that current Unlimited world champion Madness was also built by Malcolm from his 21ft Evercraft mould.

Blue Boat: Oxygen Thief, Chris Pugsley. Red boat: Xplicit, Ryan Hall. (owned by C and T Hearne) Blue and Black boat: Bruiser, Darryl Quinn. (owned by J and G Clifton)
Xplicit - Heat 2 Qualifier - Grandfather Bertie - YouTube

Current world champion Chris Whalan in Sacrifice.
2013 Menace Cup - Windsor Spectacular - YouTube

Here's a video of two Evercrafts (the inside two) with blown engines in them. Dark blue boat: Decision, Brent Lewis. White boat: Immortal, Mal McColl (owned by M Gauci)
2013 Blown Lites Windsor Spectacular Sunday - YouTube

Plenty of pictures of the vacuum bagging process and boats in the build on the Evercraft Boats facebook page.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Sorry just noticed people asking for pictures and videos.
Here are a few more videos of the Evercraft's getting around today, not many people know that current Unlimited world champion Madness was also built by Malcolm from his 21ft Evercraft mould.

Blue Boat: Oxygen Thief, Chris Pugsley. Red boat: Xplicit, Ryan Hall. (owned by C and T Hearne) Blue and Black boat: Bruiser, Darryl Quinn. (owned by J and G Clifton)
Xplicit - Heat 2 Qualifier - Grandfather Bertie - YouTube

Current world champion Chris Whalan in Sacrifice.
2013 Menace Cup - Windsor Spectacular - YouTube

Here's a video of two Evercrafts (the inside two) with blown engines in them. Dark blue boat: Decision, Brent Lewis. White boat: Immortal, Mal McColl (owned by M Gauci)
2013 Blown Lites Windsor Spectacular Sunday - YouTube

Plenty of pictures of the vacuum bagging process and boats in the build on the Evercraft Boats facebook page.

Cheers guys.
Nice looking and preforming boats. Appx. what does a boat minus engine cost in USD

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Can you tell us what one of the Nascar engines cost??? Are these engines the same as Nascar teams use because I was under the impression that the team engines were sort of "secret" design wise. Just curious...

Steve

1 - 20 of 292 Posts