Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is such a scam. I deal with auto brokers because they are a necessary evil (If I don't someone else well). I get these Credit Union brokers calling me to get pricing on vehicles, I give them the same price I would give any customer ready to buy. The credit union arrainges for me to deliver the car with a selling price anywhere from $200.00-$1000.00 and they keep the difference.

Then they proceed to stroke poor Mr. Customers ego with it sure is a good thing you are a member of **** Credit Union I saved you a ton of money and you didn't have to go deal with those horrible salesmen.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
This is such a scam. I deal with auto brokers because they are a necessary evil (If I don't someone else well). I get these Credit Union brokers calling me to get pricing on vehicles, I give them the same price I would give any customer ready to buy. The credit union arrainges for me to deliver the car with a selling price anywhere from $200.00-$1000.00 and they keep the difference.

Then they proceed to stroke poor Mr. Customers ego with it sure is a good thing you are a member of **** Credit Union I saved you a ton of money and you didn't have to go deal with those horrible salesmen.
Sounds like an easy deal for you though. :D

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like an easy deal for you though. :D
Sounds like it but 9 times out of 10 I have to lose money, If the customer came to us they would still pay the same maybe less at times and I would break even or make a small profit which is fine for a fleet deal .

Then there's the paperwork.:|err

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts

Photoglue usually beats Autoland or Acuma by $500 to $2 grand with killer service.
I think the the buying services are just for the convienence.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Photoglue usually beats Autoland or Acuma by $500 to $2 grand with killer service.
I think the the buying services are just for the convienence.
That's the biggest part of the scam what convenience??? Say you have a problem with the car find a small scratch missing key something not warrantied but should be taken care of by the selling dealer who do you call the broker? I had a customer come to me that bought the car at a Credit Union around the corner from me car had a bad detail and missing key. I told her I would take care of it because I wanted to earn her service bussines but that her broker chose to get her car at a dealer 80 miles from here which is where she would have to go to fix things like that if I wasn't a nice guy.:D

If the legislature made them put the broker fee on the contract then I bet most of these guys would go out of business.

·
Some guys never learn.
658 Posts

So I learned a long time ago that first you decide exactly what you want to buy down to every option and color. Then you call several dealerships and ask for a fleet guy. Tell them what you looking for and ask what the invoice is and how much they charge over invoice. After 3 or 4 calls just take the best price. Then when you show up you already know the price and there are no games to play. Of course they will try to make some money on the financing and the extended warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts