Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Tahoe lease is up in March, so I'm looking around to replace it. New Yukon price's a f'in ridiculous. So I found a couple of 08 Escalades for low to mid 30's with less than 10k miles instead.

In the past I looked at Capitol One for used car private party sale financing but they seem to have removed that info from their website.

Any recommendations for online info?

We have 750 fico's and are well qualified.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Our Tahoe lease is up in March, so I'm looking around to replace it. New Yukon price's a f'in ridiculous. So I found a couple of 08 Escalades for low to mid 30's with less than 10k miles instead.

In the past I looked at Capitol One for used car private party sale financing but they seem to have removed that info from their website.

Any recommendations for online info?

We have 750 fico's and are well qualified.
Have used Credit Unions on my last two cars...good rates...Wife use to work at Farmer's Insurance and still have an account there so I use their Credit Union....

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
Have used Credit Unions on my last two cars...good rates...Wife use to work at Farmer's Insurance and still have an account there so I use their Credit Union....
Would definitely recomend credit unions, and many are running a deal now with GM and maybe some others that you get the supplier pricing if you use them.

Also, GMAC has started really financing again so you could check with them as there are now some 0% deals back out there.

Just saw this thread on Riverdave's, you should check it out.

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14305

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
I got 5.1% for 72 through chase back in june. My CU couldn't touch it at the time.

You should be able to get a new tahoe/yukon for around 15K off sticker.:)

·
Slow Learner
909 Posts
Used Capital One on my previous vehicle and it was the best at the time. For my current vehicle People First Finance was over a point lower.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In AZ there's no sales tax on private party sales. I get GMS/Supplier pricing through my dad from Honeywell.

The Yukon Msrp of 51 ends up 46 with gms and the rebates + my 3k on our GM card is 10k off. So 36+ tax for a Yukon or 33k otd for a slightlu used 08 Escalade.

The Escalade's are wayyyy nicer.

I hate the way the new Tahoes look.

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
here is my tahoe me and my fiance just bought. got a great deal, leather, dvd, loaded! dam thing is super nice and with the 24'' rims makes it look way better than stock, still hate the way they look???:D

In AZ there's no sales tax on private party sales. I get GMS/Supplier pricing through my dad from Honeywell.

The Yukon Msrp of 51 ends up 46 with gms and the rebates + my 3k on our GM card is 10k off. So 36+ tax for a Yukon or 33k otd for a slightlu used 08 Escalade.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is my tahoe me and my fiance just bought. got a great deal, leather, dvd, loaded! dam thing is super nice and with the 24'' rims makes it look way better than stock, still hate the way they look???:D
I've owned nothing but chevys. It looks nice. No way in hell my wife is getting 24's. She can't stay off of curbs and hits everything on the road.:)hammers

I don't like the grill and front end on them. Nice ride though.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Credit unions are the way to go. When my wife purchased her last Mercedes, we went down to Navy Federal and got a number. After going to the dealer, we told them to beat the % rate, or we would give it to Navy fed. They did, and it saved us another 1/4 point.

Darrell.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm looking at the Yukon SLT-1 with everything but the auto ride and 20's.

Turns out the rates for prime credit are in the 6% range for 60 months through GM.

Seems to me their still pretty proud of these things......:)st

The only deals are in the stripped down versions.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts

Buying used in AZ would save you a grip on taxes.

There is a ass for every seat.I personally have never liked escalades. A little too bling bling for me. I would do a nice new black on black Yukon XL with some 24's and be all good and understated.

fyi... My credit unions rates still suck 5.74% for 60 months 6.24% for 72

I still can't understand how the fed can be at a all time low and auto rates suck..... and they wonder why no one is buying;)

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Sits perfect...make it a black XL and ditch the emblems and moldings and thats what mine would look like. (I would do white but my next door neighbor has a new white z71 burb)
Trust me if it was MY Tahoe the emblems and molding etc. would be off, but the wifey likes that look and it is hers. You know how it is:D

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm looking at the Yukon SLT-1 with everything but the auto ride and 20's.

Turns out the rates for prime credit are in the 6% range for 60 months through GM.

Seems to me their still pretty proud of these things......:)st

The only deals are in the stripped down versions.

Jay quoted me a great deal on the most loaded Tahoe you can get - LTZ with the White Diamond pkg, nav, etc etc etc - More loaded than I was looking for, but he could only find this one or a stripped one - Not any deals on anything in between like an LT3. http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13982

I think I'm going to sit and wait and see what happens in the next few months.

+1 on finding a credit union - My credit union (Truwest) is showing 5.5% for 60 mos on new vehicles, 6.25% on used vehicles.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
Jay quoted me a great deal on the most loaded Tahoe you can get - LTZ with the White Diamond pkg, nav, etc etc etc - More loaded than I was looking for, but he could only find this one or a stripped one - Not any deals on anything in between like an LT3. http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13982

I think I'm going to sit and wait and see what happens in the next few months.

+1 on finding a credit union - My credit union (Truwest) is showing 5.5% for 60 mos on new vehicles, 6.25% on used vehicles.
That was a smoking price:)devil:p

Way more loaded than I would buy but it was alot of vehicle for 36K:)sphss

1 - 20 of 25 Posts