Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an auxilary fuel tank instaled in their truck. I have an 04 chevy duramax shortbed and would like to add a rectangular tank in the front portion of the bed, 8-10 inches wide and all the way across. Gravity fed with an electric shut off valve, and maybe some type of an extra filtration system. Any direction would be great.

Thanks
Matt

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
check out aero tanks in corona. also there are many bed tool boxes that are 30 gal on the bottom and storage on top like a regular bed box so you get the best of both worlds

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Putting the bigger tank in the stock location is the way to go, especially on a shortbed where bed space is limited to begin with. ;)

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
X2 For replacing stock tank with bigger one. I put the 48 in replacement of my 25 on my short bed and it was the best thing soo far i have done to the truck nothing like going to and from the river and still having a quarter of a tank left. Ran me 990 installed at aerotanks in corona

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Has anyone had an auxilary fuel tank instaled in their truck. I have an 04 chevy duramax shortbed and would like to add a rectangular tank in the front portion of the bed, 8-10 inches wide and all the way across. Gravity fed with an electric shut off valve, and maybe some type of an extra filtration system. Any direction would be great.

Thanks
Matt

Call up titan tanks. I got a call 2 weeks ago and they are offering good deals direct. I put a deposit on a 52 gallon tank for my crew cab short bed. Got it for 910 shipped to my house.

·
IAFF local 1067
492 Posts
Check out titan fuel tanks. they hace replacement tanks. I have a 2000 F350 that has a fuel capacity of 38 gallons. titan has a replacemant tank that holds 60 gallons and bolts right on with existing hardware and using the same sending unit as the factory tank.

·
Apache Lake Monger
917 Posts
Which ever way you go make sure there are DOT approved for whatever type of fuel you'll be putting in it. Some are ok for diesel but not for gasoline or E85.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
so then the dash read out works?

I think it does. It's weird. You ever fill up while the truck is running? I do when my little one is in there and it's 110 outside. She's happy watching Yo gabba gabba and I'm sweatin pumping dino oil. The range seems to follow the needle reading. Same thing with our escalade.

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
I think it does. It's weird. You ever fill up while the truck is running? I do when my little one is in there and it's 110 outside. She's happy watching Yo gabba gabba and I'm sweatin pumping dino oil. The range seems to follow the needle reading. Same thing with our escalade.
thx

1 - 20 of 28 Posts