Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is so kool. I am soo happy i cant contain myself !!! Praise be to Allah....!!

---

Hawaii Lawmakers Create 'Islam Day'

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:52 PM

HONOLULU – Hawaii's state Senate overwhelmingly approved a bill Wednesday to celebrate "Islam Day" — over the objections of a few lawmakers who said they didn't want to honor a religion connected to Sept. 11, 2001.

The Senate's two Republicans argued that a minority of Islamic extremists have killed many innocents in terrorist attacks.

"I recall radical Islamists around the world cheering the horrors of 9/11. That is the day all civilized people of all religions should remember," said Republican Sen. Fred Hemmings to the applause of more than 100 people gathered in the Senate to oppose a separate issue — same-sex civil unions.

The resolution to proclaim Sept. 24, 2009, as Islam Day passed the Senate on a 22-3 vote. It had previously passed the House.

The bill seeks to recognize "the rich religious, scientific, cultural and artistic contributions" that Islam and the Islamic world have made. It does not call for any spending or organized celebration of Islam Day.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
And if we asked for "Christian Day" the liberal idiots would cry seperaton of church and state.........The liberal leadership has to go!

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
I never knew there was such a close tie between the Islamic world and Hawaii?????

Except maybe some skinny politician that claims he was born there, but he denies he's really a Muslim.......:)hand

·
Registered
686 Posts
If things keep going the way they are.. Islam Day will be the first day of their open season.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Stop being haters, don't you know this is the type of stuff that will bring us "Peace for our time"? Now, "go home and get a nice quiet sleep".:)sphss

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can anyone name any religious, scientific, cultural, or artistic contribution to society that these people have made?

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Can anyone name any religious, scientific, cultural, or artistic contribution to society that these people have made?
Hawaiians..................................... or the Presidents people?:D:D:D

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
WTF? They are already taking over the EU. :mad:

We're next!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts