Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my boat sold but I do not have a title for the trailer. Seems to be a problem for the buyer. Does anyone know anyone that knows anyone that can help me out. What I mean is does anyone know somebody that works at the DMV where I can send the guy and help him get a title for it. It is registered w/perm tags from Cali. Please let me know. Bryan 970-759-5140 :)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
just have him file for a lost title :) or reg it as a home built...there is a girl on the boards that works for the DMV in Phnx area...i dont remember her name...maybe she will see this thread :)

FastRat

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fast Rat! I sure hope she chimes in REALLY soon. :)

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
there is a girl on the boards that works for the DMV in Phnx area...i dont remember her name...maybe she will see this thread :)
I believe you're thinking of Libby and she works for Game and Fish, not DMV. She's very helpful with boat registration, not much in the way of trailers though. :(

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trailers do have titles in Arizona. In this case, if you do own the trailer, as has already been stated, simply go to the DMV and get a duplicate title (lost title.)
I do own the boat and trailer but I bought it with no title on trailer.:mad: Didnt really matter to me because it has permanent tags on it....

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I do own the boat and trailer but I bought it with no title on trailer.:mad: Didnt really matter to me because it has permanent tags on it....
OK, we're getting somewhere. The guy who sold you the trailer/boat didn't have a title or you can't contact him to get it? Then you go to the DMV and file for an abandoned title. If the previous owner doesn't come forth to claim his trailer with a story of theft, etc. then they will issue you the title. In real estate it's called a "quite title action."

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Bryan-

Have Jeff go to CA DMV and get a title for the trailer, it's $17.00 and takes about 6 weeks to get it. I just had to do the same thing for a boat and trailer I sold to a guy in Nevada, they didn't get the whole paperless title deal. PITA to be sure, but it's what you gotta do.

Skip

1 - 14 of 14 Posts