Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the river July 4th weekend for my Birthday. Before that last time I had it out at the river was at the SOCAL get together . I guess when beached the boat my loader is lower than the keel it must of scooped up a rock cause my inducer and impeller were damaged so I had Chris My Friend at B1 Raceing fix the damage. I check my valve lash as well when I got home to find out that one of the roller lifters was going out it damage the cam which sucks. So i changed the cam went a little different and it changed my RPM TO MPH. So I wanted to load the pump more by lowering the shoe since the new cam gave me more rpm. I wanted to load the pump harder to see if RPM will come down. So I worked on it on the AVI launch ramp left truck on ramp so I could test. By dropping the shoe boat felt great but over One hundred and five the nose was bouncing around so I had to move my ride plate. to find my max miles per hour. Put the boat in and out of the water 4 times never left the ramp. ON the 5th time backing in the trailer must had to move over a little it went into a rock PILE did not notice tell it was to late I fired my boat up to shoot rocks out the side of my pump and F... up all my parts. I NEVER start my boat out of the water and try to be very careful on the river not to have anything go thru my pump. Website wont let me down load pics. when it will let me will post some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Out the side??

Really, it kicked rocks THRU the side of the suction housing?? Thats sucks.... Over a 100, I sure hope you're wearing ALL the safety gear required for that kind of speed EVERYTIME you go out testing...
Safety first...
Ray

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Ouch!!!! Bummer man.... When it's low near Avi those rocks damn near jump at the boat....

Since the damage is done, may as well post pics for us lookie Lou's...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts