Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New frames made of 1/2" marine ply, glued/screwed and glassed.
Silver and blue vinyl with purple tweed

And a shot with the seats sitting in our boat

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job! Whats your plans for mounting them to the boat? Any pics of the wood frames?
Not sure how I'll mount 'em yet. Probably with some aluminum angle to the stringer.
Here are the frames prior to glassing them with 1 layer of 4oz cloth and epoxy resin

Here's a frame with 2" foam

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you do your own stitching? Those are nice!!! Do you want to do any side work?:happy::thumb:
Yes, did all the work myself, from start to finish. I bought an industrial sewing machine and practiced a bit before trying to do our seats. Major pain in the ass. I may do more stitching to help a friend or something, but I have no interest in doing this kinda work for money.

·
Registered
546 Posts
seats

outstanding job, for any number of attempts the seats have turned out great. have seen many from PROS that did not look that nice, again congrats. dont slam the door on doing these they will get easier and for the first attempt u must have a nack for it, just sayin.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Those are super nice! Backyard yeah right!:D:thumb: Don't let the first set turn you away from doing some more! Great job!:thumb:

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Looks really good Matt.
outstanding job, for any number of attempts the seats have turned out great. have seen many from PROS that did not look that nice, again congrats. dont slam the door on doing these they will get easier and for the first attempt u must have a nack for it, just sayin.
Those are super nice! Backyard yeah right!:D:thumb: Don't let the first set turn you away from doing some more! Great job!:thumb:
Thanks for the kind words fellas.
I guess I could see making more seats in the future...after a bunch more practice.
Next job is a piano bench for my Wife and perhaps a scoop-cover to keep dirt and shit out when towing. Oh, and possibly a work cover to keep the rear/sides of the boat from getting scratched.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts