Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
820hp.... Am I missing something? They have small block twin turbos up in the 2000hp+ range.
I not tring to say that it woud set any records but for a simple little kit to add to a pump gas small block it would make a fun little lake-river toy.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
check out the intercooler flexing when they boost that thing, lol.
Either one of these engines that you have shown links to would cost probably 80grand+ to duplicate. The link I posted was one that the average joe could probably afford and understand enough to install and tune, I dont think that you'd find but a couple guys posting on here that should be allowed to even touch something like the engines that you posted.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The Wrench Rat set up is built by two buddies here in my home town of spokane, Steve and Brian. Real simple and compact set up, 820 at the tires on that loose converter is 1,000 at the crank on a nothing small block!!

They sold a set up to a guy a few weeks ago who put it on a 434 SBC and make 1047 at the tires on only 15psi!!

Travis

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Wrench Rat set up is built by two buddies here in my home town of spokane, Steve and Brian. Real simple and compact set up, 820 at the tires on that loose converter is 1,000 at the crank on a nothing small block!!

They sold a set up to a guy a few weeks ago who put it on a 434 SBC and make 1047 at the tires on only 15psi!!

Travis
Hey Travis, you realise that if they intercooled it and watched the timing, A/F, and had good cold plugs that they could do it at that level on pump gas?

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you are looking for BIG BIG turn key hp as well as reliability go see these guys!!

http://www.smreperformance.com/

They have made 2,000 on 93 octaine fuel with an F3r on 572 inches with a hemi and a single carb....

E mail Kim and tell her I sent you.

Travis
dont let here comes ****** see this ,lol he'll say it cant be done on a single carb, and that these guys cant be the best in the buis. cause his guys are.:p

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
not running like that its not making 3600 hp. Id rather have the 800 version and run all day. not to mention have enough money left over to actually fuel the thing.
Do realize that he is just making sure the two step is set where it needs to be for the next hit..?? Mikes ride is only 555 inches and does make 3500+ for hp.

Travis

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hey Travis, you realise that if they intercooled it and watched the timing, A/F, and had good cold plugs that they could do it at that level on pump gas?
Right now they are working on an air to air Intercooled version as well as an air to water set up......;) We have a few honda's in town making 500+ at the tires at 20psi on 92 pump gas with an air to air Intercooler on a little 1.8 litre engine. Got to love the turbos!! :D

Travis

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Small blocks are for cars!!!! Turbos on big blocks are a great way to go....you just have to get out that big wallet burning a hole in your pocket. You can spend a lot of money getting the right combination.

I would be tempted to build a turbo motor for my fun cruiser, but think I would prefer to go with a supercharger for a drag boat.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The new Super Chevy mag has a LSX twin turbo build in it, 400ci....2048hp, 1500tq....get this, GM perfomance parts says there's room for improvment. So to answer your question yes it would run. The tuning capabilties are through the roof.

GM says these blocks are capable of 3500hp....

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The new Super Chevy mag has a LSX twin turbo build in it, 400ci....2048hp, 1500tq....get this, GM perfomance parts says there's room for improvment. So to answer your question yes it would run. The tuning capabilties are through the roof.

GM says these blocks are capable of 3500hp....
Imagine that thing weighing 200lbs or so less than a bigblock and having that kind of tq and hp , in a light weight jet that thing would be a serious contender.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Small blocks are for cars!!!! Turbos on big blocks are a great way to go....you just have to get out that big wallet burning a hole in your pocket. You can spend a lot of money getting the right combination.

I would be tempted to build a turbo motor for my fun cruiser, but think I would prefer to go with a supercharger for a drag boat.
It is not as expensive as you may think if you build and tune it yourself...

Do you prefer a supercharger over turbos on a drag boat so you can heat up the fuel on the rotors before it hits the engine....?:p ;)

Travis

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.