1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14 Posts
bad ass truck, yeah the backspacing is off lol. surprised he hasn't taken out a fender yet. those wheels are american force 24" i think check there website by far the baddest ass dually wheels.

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh its ok.:p

I think beer30's dropped red dually looks cleaner.

I like this Dodge better!
I've seen that one in Diesel Power or 8 Lug mag. Awesome paint but he should have put a long bed on it first...

·
Been here a while
610 Posts
Nice rims, but 3 things.
  • Lose the steps for some AMP Research ones.
  • Debadge all the emblems
  • Painth the grill and the bumper red. too much chrome for me.

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Shitter was full!!!
26 Posts
I needs Stacks!:)devil

·
Registered
36 Posts
it may look nice but it is now a waste of a truck. If you want to lower something buy a car if you want to lift something buy a truck

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments on mine, guys! I can tell you that guy has a LOT more $ in his than I have in mine. That wheel setup is $5K minimum.

The truck has a nice stance, but someone needs to learn how to measure backspacing.
Those are AmericanForce wheels. Mine was originally supposed to be in their booth at SEMA in 2008. Didn't work out. I had a chance to get a set of these wheels (in 24-inch) for a song.

It's not a back-spacing issue. It is an ADAPTER issue. Those wheels are big-rig bolt-pattern. So, there is a cast-iron adapter on the front AND rear. To make room for all of the holes (original 8) and then the whole mess of studs, the adapters are coupla inches deep. There are several reasons I didn't go with these.

1. Weight. That much aluminum WITH cast iron adapters is a BUNCH of weight (rotating mass). It's all fine once it's moving, but getting it going/stopped is another story.

2. Finding tires on the go. Granted, 22s and 24s are much more popular these days, but finding one in Needles or Barstow in these exact sizes may be difficult. Good way to ruin a trip.

3. I can't do the whole tire sticking half-out of the rear fender(s) thing. Looks afterthought, to me, like it doesn't belong. I like all of my stuff to look like it COULD have come from the factory.

4. Kinda back to #2, I can keep/run my spare. Get in the middle of nowhere and blow, say, TWO tires. I can always go single on one side of the rear to fix another corner.

Keep in mind, these are great wheels - probably about the best made. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for. A billet spacer/adapter would be lighter and just as strong, but the cast piece is super-strong. Did I mention it's HEAVY? It's about like bolting an additional brake-rotor onto each corner.

Anyway, I did my homework before settling on my 17s. I just decided they look better than 16s, I could keep my stock tire size and thus run my spare - or be able to purchase a new tire easier.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
The truck has a nice stance, but someone needs to learn how to measure backspacing.
X2.

In my former life, I would have been tarred, feathered and then fired for putting wheels on like that.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I dig it but those rear fenders are gonna look great when the tires kiss them... Or if its limited to not hit thats gotta be a rough ride.

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A dumped Dually is def bad ass! That Dodge is sweet!

Beer30, yours is sweet too, for sure!

Here's my ride...not a "tow vehicle" but I do tow "it"...does that count at all:)devil!!!
We need more info and pics. Year make what motor hp etc etc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts