Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to San felipe this wend and took 2 dirt bikes on a 120mile loop on Sat.
WOW what a great time things were to quite because of the economy but mostly because of all the bad press that is coming out of TJ and Juarez.
The people were as out going as ever we had no issues . In short it was one of the best Wends I've had in a long time.

The dollar has gotten stronger over the Peso so things cost us 30% less than a year ago.

I think the key is DO NOT drive at night and try to travel in a group if possible and stay away from the troubled cities.

Other than that the fun comes by itself.:)devil

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
To each his own....

That place is a shithole as far as I am concerned and I for one won't be risking anything by going there.

Plenty of places in the USA to go to and have fun as well as spend my money.

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
To each his own....

That place is a shithole as far as I am concerned and I for one won't be risking anything by going there.

Damn straight!!!!

·
Junior Camper
58 Posts
I'm a HUGE fan of Rosarito. Great Resort Hotels and my favorite restaurant, El Nido, can't be beat. I've haven't been for over a year but I have had reservations about hanging out down there... Because of all the stories. I've never felt anything but completely safe in Mexico but I still might wait until I can walk around without crutches. It's almost always just me and my girl and I'd hate to be stuck not being able to handle anything that would come up... I never would have given that a thought 3 years ago though. :(

R

·
0 Posts
No way in gods green earth i'm stepping foot in Mexico right now. You'd have to have a deathwish.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
My thoughts exactly. Used to go to Mexicali quite often for work. Boeing would send me down there to babysit their supplier. Would never go back again.

To each his own....

No way in gods green earth i'm stepping foot in Mexico right now. You'd have to have a deathwish.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
The Title of the thread has it all wrong. It isnt the "stories" its the crimes that have tourists not wanting to go.

Joe

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My MIL has a place about 20 south of San Felipe right on the water. It's a great place to get away for a long weekend. I just love the HUGE shrimp that you get down there fresh from the ocean. A little fishing and a few rides on the dirtbikes is laways fun as is driving your truck on the beach.

The shack.....

View from the front of the Shack.....

View to the north from the beach....

Attachments

·
Prices May Vary...
202 Posts
F Baja, I used to go all the time, my grandfather had a house in Cabo. I'll spend my vacation dollars in the U.S.and countries that are our allies.

·
Punk in Drublic
2,165 Posts
Never been on a dirt trip (and still wanna go) there, but it's sounding pretty dicey...:|err

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yea Paul TJ is pretty scetchy these days. I fly into brown once a month for some guys and they go into TJ for work for the day. I went into mexico with them one time. There were streets shut down for crime scene investigations. The guy that crosses everyday was showing us streets not to go down and told us how the police are corrupted. I guess someone was be-headed the night before I was down there. yikes!

Kyle

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
My MIL has a place about 20 south of San Felipe right on the water. It's a great place to get away for a long weekend. I just love the HUGE shrimp that you get down there fresh from the ocean. A little fishing and a few rides on the dirtbikes is laways fun as is driving your truck on the beach.

The shack.....

View from the front of the Shack.....

View to the north from the beach....
My question is do you clear the house with a handgun prior to getting the family out of the car every time?

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
To each his own....

Exactly. I wouldn't set foot in that parasitic shithole. Well, unless there's a military draft and I get sent there in uniform to clean house.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My question is do you clear the house with a handgun prior to getting the family out of the car every time?
lol...no. The neighbors keep a watchfull eye out for eachother down there. Most are Americans and we have never had a problem in the 20+ years the my MIL has owned the place.

Mexico is the last place you want to be caught with a gun.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Mexico shoot's itself in the foot all the time, from the way they handle their affairs, this includes crime issues to fishing, commerical fisherman (long liners, etc.), not to mention the way they handle their southern broaders.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Bumer that I never did a Mikes Sky Ranch MX trip..... but as stated above. There is NO WAY im going to endanger myself or my family by going down there. Used to ride jetski's in the surf down there all the time.... NEVER felt safe. Caught some locals going through the back of our truck one day... Let mexico and all the other countries start paying their own way from now on! We cant afford to take care of our own, let alone everyone else....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts