Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm detailing the Lexus to sell it and have a couple areas of blue ballpoint ink drawn on the light grey leather seat. I have it 50% off but now it's not budging:mad:

Tried:
Tuff stuff
Lexol leather clearner
Magic eraser
Dri wash.

Sure would like to get the rest out before selling it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got roofing tar on my gray cloth seat once, not a small amount either, about the size of a silver dollar. Fast Orange took it off with no damage to the material. Might be worth a shot.

·
Happy Member
1,399 Posts
I'm detailing the Lexus to sell it and have a couple areas of blue ballpoint ink drawn on the light grey leather seat. I have it 50% off but now it's not budging:mad:

Tried:
Tuff stuff
Lexol leather clearner
Magic eraser
Dri wash.

Sure would like to get the rest out before selling it.
starting fluid (a small amount!!!!)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I drive a truck for a living. I have had success removing stains with ether - or "starting fluid". I would test it on an area that does not show first. I spray it right onto the material and dab it with a cloth. It drys instantly. Do not be smoking when you use it. It has worked great.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I've never been able to completely remove ink from leather. I've gotten the stain to fade slightly but never fully remove it.

Starter fluid on leather?? No way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These pictures show how ballpoint ink is removed without damages to the coloring.

What do you think?

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor®

#1 An old ballpoint ink stain

#2 Partial removal follows with bleaching

#4 Bleaching close-up

#5 Matching Topcoat

#6 Finished

1 - 14 of 14 Posts