Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, now that the oil leak is resolved, I might have a issue with the banderlog electric valve I installed on the boat. When idling out of the no wake zone, there is no water coming out of the headers (this is working as it should). When accelerating to cruise, say 3000rpm I get steam, (as I should) but when cruising at a steady rpm, there's no steam coming out. Now when I romp on it it comes out again. Is this how it should work or not? the valve to the banderlog is wide open.......

Craig

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Alright, now that the oil leak is resolved, I might have a issue with the banderlog electric valve I installed on the boat. When idling out of the no wake zone, there is no water coming out of the headers (this is working as it should). When accelerating to cruise, say 3000rpm I get steam, (as I should) but when cruising at a steady rpm, there's no steam coming out. Now when I romp on it it comes out again. Is this how it should work or not? the valve to the banderlog is wide open.......

Craig
We haven't used those valves in years but the few we did use worked well , if it doing its job you should see no water at idle and then water thru the pipes after accelerating and starting around 1200 to 1500 (and up) as I recall, Is this valve plumbed just past the jet water feed to the engine? Tom

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
clean the screen once in a while. Have ran in some super silty water, causing a sticking valve. Cleaned with diesel fuel, and solved the issue.

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We haven't used those valves in years but the few we did use worked well , if it doing its job you should see no water at idle and then water thru the pipes after accelerating and starting around 1200 to 1500 (and up) as I recall, Is this valve plumbed just past the jet water feed to the engine? Tom
Yes it is and then goes to a ball valve before going into the electric valve. I'm thinking maybe I need to close the valve that feeds the bypass after the water that goes thru the motor. I did check the filter and it was clean.....I'm just worried about the cruising at a steady rpm with no steam coming out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts