1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a little shooting yesterday with my other Christmas present:

Excel Arms .22 Mag:

Next to a full frame .45 :

I need to get the "red dot" set at 25 yrds. It's my rabbit yard gun. I only got a few rounds through it. After CCI and Winchester ammo having it's problems cycling I found out it loves Federal ammo. I wish I had started with the Federal I would have saved a bunch of time.

Shots nice, but I do need to adjust the trigger.

Sleeper CP :D

" Liberalism is a Mental Disorder " :)st

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Nice looking pistola!!! I just picked one up a couple weeks ago... :D

Went a little bigger than a .22 but they do make a conversion kit where you change out the slide and magazine and can burn .22's all day long. :)

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I have some more shooting to do this week. The manual says it takes 200 rounds to break-in the gun. :)bulb What exactly does that mean?

To break in the barrel or just cycles. I did fire 6 shots at a time and then ran a cleaning patch with solvent on it down the barrel and then a dry one after that. Then fired again to season the barrel, did this 5 times yesterday.

S CP :D

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Looks like I have some more shooting to do this week. The manual says it takes 200 rounds to break-in the gun. :)bulb What exactly does that mean?

To break in the barrel or just cycles. I did fire 6 shots at a time and then ran a cleaning patch with solvent on it down the barrel and then a dry one after that. Then fired again to season the barrel, did this 5 times yesterday.

The gun needs cycles to break in. They are basically just tight when new. When I was still in the teams, we would get new M4's, and after a few mags, the gun would be so hot, they would start cooking off rounds. All from friction.

Darrell.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice. I pick up a little plinker next Monday. I chose a Buckmark though. Surprised you are having trouble getting the CCI to cycle. Are you using Minimags? Nice to be able to run the cheapest ammo though. I cant find the federal at Walmart though. The bulk packs have been selling like crazy.

Seen this?:

www.rimfirecentral.com

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The gun needs cycles to break in. They are basically just tight when new. When I was still in the teams, we would get new M4's, and after a few mags, the gun would be so hot, they would start cooking off rounds. All from friction.

Darrell.
Yeah I dont want to get it that hot anytime soon:

http://www.excelarms.com/acceleratorpistol.html

Hitit,

It cycles great with the Federal ammo. I think it has a lot to do with the shape of the ammo and the finish at the neck , but I had zero problems with it compaired to the other two. I'll see this week. All of the .22 Mag ammo is so much cheaper than the other ammo I shoot, so I'm happy as can be. :)grn

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yup, these little 22s offer guilt free shooting. You should see if the "Ultimate Cliploader" will work on your mags. I just got one on ebay for < $30 shipped. It should allow me to burn through at least 3x more ammo than usual. Check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jHazxWXCA

edit: Didnt realize it was a 22 WMR. doh. Anyway, I think the device in the vid above can be tweaked to work with that ammo.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I found thunderbolt ammo to run like a champ through all my 22's. And it's on the cheaper side..

My sig mosquito won't cycle with cheapo walmart bulk pack stuff. Especially the HP ammo. Try the thunderbolts and douse it in breakfree...

Time for a magwell on that .45. :)hand

http://www.smithandalexander.com/guides.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts