Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
No, not me. But, it does remind me of the early Campbell Regatta requirements for participation in any of the events i.e. slalom, ski race etc. Boat was required to have a 1) driver, 2) observer and 3) a bartender!
I guess we live in a different PC time these days.

Carl

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not me. But, it does remind me of the early Campbell Regatta requirements for participation in any of the events i.e. slalom, ski race etc. Boat was required to have a 1) driver, 2) observer and 3) a bartender!
I guess we live in a different PC time these days.

Carl

LOL!

I saved this picture a long time ago. And fianlly figured out where to get them. There about $430 for the entire stytem. My gf and some girls we bring don't like to drink beer all day, however bringing bottles and juice takes up an entire ice chest. Seems like a cool system, just wondering if they are any good in a boat.

·
3,246 Posts
Looks like a good idea, but seems like it can turn into a sticky mess in the boat

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
LOL!

I saved this picture a long time ago. And fianlly figured out where to get them. There about $430 for the entire stytem. My gf and some girls we bring don't like to drink beer all day, however bringing bottles and juice takes up an entire ice chest. Seems like a cool system, just wondering if they are any good in a boat.
If you buy that, I would consider one of those thing a uh me boppers you have to blow in before you start your engine......:D just saying.....:)grn

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Dennis,
I've seen several motorhomes with that same device. I'd imagine that if all of the road vibration etc wouldn't kill one, same would apply in a boat.
C

·
Clown boxing champ
7 Posts
Where can I get one! I have the perfect spot for it.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dennis,
I've seen several motorhomes with that same device. I'd imagine that if all of the road vibration etc wouldn't kill one, same would apply in a boat.
C

Thanks for the input. I think this would be bitchen! I'd just have to build a rack under the hatch to keep the bottles from tipping over. Obviously we wont have all those types of alcohol on board, so the otther setting can pump cranberry juice and etc.

Heres the link
http://www.sidebarbeverage.com/onli...ypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=14&category_id=3

·
Registered
797 Posts
Had one in a limo bus. They are a total pita. They always lose prime, then you gotta use the pump (supplied) to get them re-primed. Also you'll need to clean them out after every trip so the sugars don't gum up the pump and lines.

Oh, when they work they work well, just not worth the hassle imo.

·
The King
1,107 Posts
LOL!

That's why I just use one of these. Pour in 1.75 of vodka & a couple of 2 liter bottles of diet squirt. DO NOT ADD ICE it'll melt and water the mixture down. Just have the girls add ice to their cups w/each serving.

You're welcome. :D

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

That's why I just use one of these. Pour in 1.75 of vodka & a couple of 2 liter bottles of diet squirt. DO NOT ADD ICE it'll melt and water the mixture down. Just have the girls add ice to their cups w/each serving.

You're welcome. :D
Where the hell am I gonna put that? Mount on the back like a work truck? LOL!!!:)sphss

Good idea polorbear, I wanna save room in my little 21. That could fit nicely under the hatch.

·
The King
1,107 Posts
Where the hell am I gonna put that? Mount on the back like a work truck? LOL!!!:)sphss

Good idea polorbear, I wanna save room in my little 21. That could fit nicely under the hatch.
You'd be surprised at how little space it actually takes up.

The real problem however, is that they will smoke thru your ice in the beer cooler. :)grn

·
Banned
742 Posts
YES ! Back in the 80's and 90's we used them in our own boats and in some Howards we rigged. That 'Sidebar' deal works great. You can CLEAN all the plastic bottles and tubes, making it a long term viable unit. I would use the Chrome one because the white gets dirty too fast, and the chrome just wipes clean. (fagetabout the pimpin' brass/gold ones) Very easy to program Captain and Coke, Jack and Coke, Vodka and cranberry.........

·
Banned
742 Posts
I read the other posts. You need to mount the bottles AT the same level (or very close to the same) as the outlet/control. YES, you must clean it EVERY TRIP, but not every day. Cleaning is easy IF you have short runs on the tubes, and you mount all the bottles in an ICE CHEST. At the end of the party, remove and cap the drink bottles, put the tubes down into the (clean ice chest) ice water and pump all lines clean, into a bucket. Will be installing one on my next boat, and I don't like to work. Color code your lines and bottles, so the Jack don't taste like Disaronno ! This shit is way easy'r than adjusting valves.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I read the other posts. You need to mount the bottles AT the same level (or very close to the same) as the outlet/control. YES, you must clean it EVERY TRIP, but not every day. Cleaning is easy IF you have short runs on the tubes, and you mount all the bottles in an ICE CHEST. At the end of the party, remove and cap the drink bottles, put the tubes down into the (clean ice chest) ice water and pump all lines clean, into a bucket. Will be installing one on my next boat, and I don't like to work. Color code your lines and bottles, so the Jack don't taste like Disaronno ! This shit is way easy'r than adjusting valves.

Thanks for the input.

This is going to be an awesome winter project!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts