Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
Watching it right now. What a mess besides it looks like a ghost town in there. Whats up with that?

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Bargains galore...:)devil Average return on Classic Motors has been in excess of 16% over the past 10 years....better than the Dow, Gold, etc... :cool:

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Wife's been watching it and remarked the same. The pricing has changed.

The customs seem to get about what the builder/restorer has in them.
Off quite some cash from just a year ago.

The classic Muscle/Pony/High HP sportscars are judged on rarity and power but mostly how close they are to 1000 point stock & condition if they are going to get the higher $$ compaired to just the past few years.

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
C-6 Vette official Actual Pace car one of 4 made with all the strobes...essentually new $40K :)sphss

And they had to work it for forever.

I like the turntable on the roll off.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Bargains galore...:)devil Average return on Classic Motors has been in excess of 16% over the past 10 years....better than the Dow, Gold, etc... :cool:
Clark Gable lived about a mile from us when I was a little kid.
He had some acreage in oranges, limes and lemons, nice place.
Since been sub-divided, but his home is still there.

He drove a woodie station wagon my dad swears was a Packard.
Wonder what it's worth today?

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts
Barrett Jackson is still doing a great job. The prices are down, but Craig is still doing a great job selling value to the buyers.

Some years it's a buyers market, and some years its a sellers market. For the average joe buyer, all I can see are smiles. I bet the bidder passes will be 10 fold this year in Scottsdale. I might have to get a bidders pass this year to see what $35,000 might bring. I've always wanted a #'s matching 1970 454SS Chevelle w/ full restore, and it seem this Janurary might be perfect timing. Now all I have to do is out bid Ron Pratte:):)punch:)hand

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
Barrett Jackson is still doing a great job. The prices are down, but Craig is still doing a great job selling value to the buyers.

Some years it's a buyers market, and some years its a sellers market. For the average joe buyer, all I can see are smiles. I bet the bidder passes will be 10 fold this year in Scottsdale. I might have to get a bidders pass this year to see what $35,000 might bring. I've always wanted a #'s matching 1970 454SS Chevelle w/ full restore, and it seem this Janurary might be perfect timing. Now all I have to do is out bid Ron Pratte:):)punch:)hand
My parents have run 8 cars through BJ in Scottsdale over the past 5 years and every time they have been screwed over in some manner. Craig has little to do with the day to day operations though. The entire auction placing is done by the President of BJ (Name escapes me).

The last nifty deal was the announcement of a higher buyers and sellers premiums after the sellers had committed their cars. Oh yea...Heros I think not.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I've been looking for a Pantera for 6 months... Every one set up the way I want is about 50K or better. Hope to get down in the 35K range.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts