Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Anyone going to Bartlett on Saturday (5/8/10)?

:)st:)st:)st:)st:)st:)st
If you could, post up some pics of the water. We were there in February and the water was still chocolate colored. I hit a small log out there too but I'm in a jetboat :)devil. That little woody would have taken a prop out.

·
Pcola4ever
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know if Bartlett has cleaned up yet or not? I have been on Saguaro and Canyon a couple of times and they are looking good, but haven't been to Bartlett yet........

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Bart was bad. It was also very low in November after Turkey day. It was like 68% down. It showed too. After all the rain it filled up quick. Thus all the crap in the water. The mud was bad. Driftwood everywhere. For the most part Bart was somewhat clean other than the color of the water.

Take it easy if you go. Keep an eye out for tree limbs. Its the same on all our lakes Bart just filled up way to quick. 10 years of crap in the washes that feed it all came down at once. Thats why I'm asking for you to post up some pics when you go.

I love Bart. If I was closer Id hit it every weekend. Camp and park right on SB or Bartlett Flats. AL Weekend Long!!!!!

Maybe I can talk some Eastsiders into hitting the Bart for Memorial day.

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Bart was bad. It was also very low in November after Turkey day. It was like 68% down. It showed too. After all the rain it filled up quick. Thus all the crap in the water. The mud was bad. Driftwood everywhere. For the most part Bart was somewhat clean other than the color of the water.

Take it easy if you go. Keep an eye out for tree limbs. Its the same on all our lakes Bart just filled up way to quick. 10 years of crap in the washes that feed it all came down at once. Thats why I'm asking for you to post up some pics when you go.

I love Bart. If I was closer Id hit it every weekend. Camp and park right on SB or Bartlett Flats. AL Weekend Long!!!!!

Maybe I can talk some Eastsiders into hitting the Bart for Memorial day.
My sister and my girls were at Bart on Sat and it was 100% and beautiful.:D Just sayin!:)hand

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
My sister and my girls were at Bart on Sat and it was 100% and beautiful.:D Just sayin!:)hand
100% full? That sucks. No Beaches.
What boat did she take out? No wood?

Killer. I need to water my lawn more. Gotta bring that level down to 80%...

can you believe its 88° out here Brian. 8:32pm

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
100% full? That sucks. No Beaches.
What boat did she take out? No wood?

Killer. I need to water my lawn more. Gotta bring that level down to 80%...

can you believe its 88° out here Brian. 8:32pm
Yes I can I was just there silly.:p Where were you?:)sphss

·
Registered
217 Posts
I gotta get the boat out to Sag one last time this summer. This will be the last weekend for it for a couple months anyway. Takin it to Parker for the summer!!!

·
Pcola4ever
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hit Bartlett on Saturday and the lake was nice...it was definitely 100% full. Just a few beaches to land on but very small. Most of the boats were tied up and floating just past the no wake zone.....

Some small drift wood, but I didn't see anything dangerous...

Should be a nice lake this year as the level comes down....

Later...

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Hit Bartlett on Saturday and the lake was nice...it was definitely 100% full. Just a few beaches to land on but very small. Most of the boats were tied up and floating just past the no wake zone.....

Some small drift wood, but I didn't see anything dangerous...

Should be a nice lake this year as the level comes down....

Later...
Thanks for the report!. Bart is one of my favorite lakes. When it hits 80% its the best. Cool beaches. Crazy to imagine that the Bart was at around 40% capacity back in November. Notice the No wake buoys. Those are the SB Cove Buoys. That whole area behind me is under water at 100%.

November 2009. Day after Thanks Giving with the Letterly's. Even Brian/Bryan showed up...:D

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts
We went up last Thursday for a few hours (4:30-730pm). Launched at the main boat ramp. Lake was 100%. Did not venture further north then SB Cove. Looked like most of the floating wood is sunk, but did see a few sticks around baseball bats size, so be on the look out. Very green out there. remember to buy your lake passes before you drive out there (see below)

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Thanks for the report!. Bart is one of my favorite lakes. When it hits 80% its the best. Cool beaches. Crazy to imagine that the Bart was at around 40% capacity back in November. Notice the No wake buoys. Those are the SB Cove Buoys. That whole area behind me is under water at 100%.

November 2009. Day after Thanks Giving with the Letterly's. Even Brian/Bryan showed up...:D
Hey!!! If I say I will be there then I will be there!!!!!:p Jammy/Jimmy:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts